Fun facts about aviation

Norwegian’s 787 died, not Norwegian itself

2 Likes

PR-GTD, the 737 involved in GOL flight 1907, was delivered tragically only a mere 17 days before crashing, and ironically exactly 5 years after 9/11

2 Likes

The A330-800 is selling so badly that there were more A320-100s than A330-800s ordered

2 Likes

Fun fact: planes fly in the sky.

The B-52 is longer than the 757-200

1 Like

The B-52 was at the Pacific Airshow this year.

However, only on Saturday. So I missed it. Very disappointed.

In terms of lenght, the closest 737 to the MAX 7 isn’t the -700, but rather the -400

1 Like

As far as i know I’ve only seen 1 A338

All my life, I thought they sailed in the sea, finding this out today was truly disappointing and I don’t know if I will ever be able to recover.

NASA’s B-52s likely could not extend their flaps, as their right wings had a huge section of the trailing edge cut off to fit other aircraft under the pod:

On the rare occasions they did, it was generally on the ground, turned off. Notice, however, how the internal flaps are retracted, despite the external ones being extended:

1 Like

OMG

2 Likes

The company that does catering at Singapore Changi Airport, the Singapore Airport Terminal Services, also helps cook meals at Changi Prison.

4 Likes

If, for whatever reason, you want to tell a B-52F apart from the other tall-tail B-52 variants, the best way to do so is to look at its engines’ intakes.

Here’s a B-52E (testing a JT9D), which features the older variant of the J57. Notice how just after the intake there seems to be a sort of flat disk:

Compare this to the B-52F, which has something more like a spinner cone:

Here are the older J57s up close:

And here is the newer model up close:

Despite many claiming that each of the C-5M’s engines produce 22% more thrust than the TF39s, they actually only produce about 17.5% more thrust (43000lbf vs 50500lbf)

1 Like

Guys I’ve done a fair amount of research, and I’m confident to say the airplanes do leave the ground

3 Likes

Fun fact: Southwest Airlines flies to Ohio.

2 Likes

this is a shocking discovery that could help change the world in the future

airplanes do not breathe.

2 Likes

Gordon Ramsay was a culinary advisor for Singapore Airlines

3 Likes

TAM’s A320s had 2 overwing exit liveries when the airline used to paint doors red

1 Like

I mean, they sorta do. That’s a pretty crucial part of a combustion engine.

2 Likes