Car Stuff

Even I will admit that’s not entirely true.

Also, the term doesn’t mean that what they support is actually following their belief. It’s under the guise of environmentalism, thus those who are pushing it are environmentalists.

1 Like

oh

first time i heard anyone say that about us

Might put a stage-3 6-puck copper-ceramic clutch in the '95. It’s way overkill (rated for 320bhp, the car probably makes about 100bhp right now), but it’s cheap and it’ll stand up to the abuse of rallying down the forest roads better.

For those who don’t know, most clutches use a full circular disc and are made of organic material. They’re easier to live with (takes less effort to engage) but they’ll burn out a lot quicker.
They look like this:

(Old clutch I took off my Outback and replaced with a stage 1 sport clutch)

1 Like

Ended up going with a stage 2 kevlar clutch rather than the stage 3 ceramic/copper.

It’ll be easier to drive than the 3, but it will hold up better than the organic material of an OE or stage 1.

i first thought it was a really worn out disc brake

1 Like

You got the really worn out part right. Those rivets shouldn’t be showing silver and there should be noticeable ridges in the outer ring. There was no clutch left when I took it out.

1 Like

Yes

damn

imagine not knowing how to drive a manual lmao

Imagine.

In fairness though, the WRX has a fairly picky clutch, even more so if it was the STi version.

1 Like

https://www.hemmings.com/stories/synthetic-fuels-in-older-cars/

1 Like

nice

Good news! I fixed the fuel pressurization problem on my '03.

1 Like

fuel pressurization?

Fuel pressurization

1 Like

why does fuel need to be pressurized in a car?

It makes it easier for fuel to be delivered to the engine.

Think of what happens when you poke a small hole in the bottom of a water bottle. It will naturally flow, but it’s not very fast, and it’s sort of inconsistent. Now, if you try sucking the water out of the small hole, the flow is faster, but if you then blow into the top of the bottle while simultaneously sucking water out of the hole, the flow of water is quick, and it’s consistent.

1 Like

Basically every car since the mid 80s has a fuel pressurization system. It’s just better for performance, especially with the transition to EFI from carburation.

Some basic cars before that used a non-pressurized system but that wasn’t very common past the 60s. Before that, some of the first cars such as the Model T used gravity fed systems without a pump. They worked, and were more reliable than pumps at the time, but fuel flow was very inconsistent and couldn’t be delivered quick enough for high revs (it’s part of the reason why early engines only revved to about 2k).

1 Like

oh so its just basic physics :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Pretty much. Without it, you wouldn’t have cars with the ability to rev to 9k and above (even 5k would be hard to reach).

1 Like