Car Stuff

yea

But yeah, the problem that I had was that the system wouldnā€™t pressurize after filling up with gas. This prevented the car from idling until the tank slowly pressurized from just running.

1 Like

oh

The hybrid drive system in our new Honda City Hybrid, which we had exchanged with our old 2016 Honda City VX is not working -_-

Soā€¦ the supercharger kit that Iā€™m going to try to get for my car will put me at about 265bhp (100bhp increase). Thatā€™s about the power of a new WRX, but because my car is actually a couple hundred pounds lighter, it would be faster. That would in theory give me a 0-60 of around 5.5sec (or about 3sec quicker than my car can do now). Top speed would stay the same (130mph) but thatā€™s because thatā€™s what itā€™s geared for (thereā€™s no electrical limiter, 130 is just what it will hit at 6600rpm in 5th).

And because itā€™s a supercharger and not a turbo (belt driving a turbine rather than exhaust, so thereā€™s power at low revs/slow speeds) thatā€™ll be better for off roading. Thanks to the low(ish) gearing that my car has, the reduction ratio would mean that Iā€™d have about 5700lb-ft of torque at the wheels (up from around 3600lb-ft right now).

My favorite car

Credits to the owner of the photo that idk

I can respect the Ka.

1 Like

Of course because the Ka itā€™s the best car of the word

Oh yeah, and thatā€™s not considering the power increase from larger injectors and a higher flow fuel pump that Iā€™d add as well (the point of forced induction is that youā€™re putting more air into the combustion process, which means you can putt more fuel and thus more power. Larger injectors and a high flow pump would be able to add more fuel bringing out the full potential of the blower). And this is for the non-intercooled version (which Iā€™m going with). In the future, I could add one and thereā€™s even more power (intercoolers cool the air coming out of a compressor and because cold air is denser, you can add more fuel and thus power). I would also have all the stuff to get a corn juice tune (E85 fuel) which will add more power and save some money.

When all is said and done, I could theoretically be pushing 300bhp. Thatā€™s about what the final gen STi had, and it weighed about as much as my car. Those had a 4.7sec 0-60.

Not really about cars, but this would set precedent for a potential right to repair debate surrounding cars when the time comes.

And of course, we (Colorado) are the ones to start the trend.

1 Like

Ford ka best car

that wasnā€™t already a thing in the us? wow

unfortunately the Suzuki APV solos

Engineā€™s coming out of the '95 on Sunday.

2 Likes

1 Like

I agree, smaller cars are better. Thatā€™s a reason why I drive a Japanese station wagon.

The one thing that Iā€™d say I disagree with in that is the final text message thing. If you (not you specifically, you as a broad term) were a parent with kids in the car, protecting them is basically your first priority. If that means being safer in a collision at the expense of some bozo who walks out into the street without looking, then thatā€™s a price to be paid.

1 Like

Even I disagree with it tbh
i think that pickups are not classified as ā€œcarsā€ in the usa so they do not have to follow the strict safety standards of cars, so they are unsafe for both its occupants and the people outside it

They are not classified as cars, though ā€œlight trucksā€ still have to adhere to fairly strict safety standards (though the category of light truck is very vague. A Subaru Crosstrek which is just a lifted Impreza hatchback is technically a ā€œlight truckā€). This is the category that 99% of pickups fall into. Heavy duty trucks (Ford F550/GM 5500 series trucks and bigger) have less safety restrictions though those are only used for commercial purposes.
Sure, a pickup from 20yrs ago didnā€™t have much in the way of crash protection, but neither did regular cars (my car has hollow doors, thin pillars, and airbags that may or may not actually be there/work).

Yes and no, it depends on the type of accident. In a collision, they are 100% safer that a smaller car. If you crashed my Legacy (either my '95 or '03) into a semi at 80mph youā€™d be screwed. If you crashed a new F150 in the same conditions, youā€™d be better off (though some of that comes down to advancements in safety technology). In an accident such as a spinout though where you may end up off of the road at speeds, then yes, youā€™d be safer in a car simply because itā€™s less likely to roll over.

1 Like

I agree

oh
nice