Car Stuff

Looks sort of like a deformed '00s Beetle. It’s hideous.

“Big range”
Like 400 miles or something :joy:

No matter the range they claim, it never works out off paper.

2 Likes

Sad but true.
No one makes their vehicles look unique anymore.

2 Likes

It’s all just a sea of white, grey/silver, and black crossovers that aren’t really good at anything.

Atleast Subaru’s still churning out wagons and hatchbacks :muscle:

I will give props to the Wrangler too for the fact that it’s stuck with the solid axle suspension despite it not having very good on road characteristics.

1 Like

Wow. Admitting it’s an off road vehicle even though you talk trash about Jeep owners. Lol

1 Like

It is an off road vehicle. Snow performance is mediocre at best though (I’ve got a story about that one).

My biggest complaint with the jeep owners is the ones that ruin them even more with offroad inspired mods (that realistically make them worse offroad than if they just left it stock), yet never leave the mall parking lot and then drive like absolute d-bags. The ones that actually use them off road, are usually pretty chill.

My complaint with the jeeps themselves is mostly with the new ones because they have the reliability of a guy trying to remember what he did while drunk (a.k.a not reliable). The older jeeps like yours with the old 4.0 straight-6 and older are pretty good and I am willing to respect them.

Gets like 10mpg though

It guzzles gas on the freeway at 80mph.
Somehow gets better gas economy in stop and go traffic.

Well, lift kits and larger tires actually help it to rock crawl better (unless it’s a 1940s Jeep. These can go literally almost anywhere stock.

1 Like

Lift and larger tires, yes, when done correctly.

But notice that I said offroad inspired mods. Not necessarily mods that will actually help offroad, but ones that are meant to make the vehicle appear like if wheels, when in reality, the only dirt it has ever seen is the median between the highway.

1 Like

@KGJT-9149

GMC Yukon AT4 doesn’t look as bad as it could’ve. Better than someone lifting it after market.

1 Like

Factory lifts usually aren’t bad.

The part that ruins it for me is the fact that it still has low hanging running boards.

Yeah I guess.
It’s too much work for the passengers to climb in apparently.

1 Like

@anon605313

No. For example yesterday it was some of the iciest I’ve seen, so I was averaging about 45mph. Highest I hit was 65, lowest was stopped.

65 in ice :skull:

I’d be scared to go over 45 ngl

Being a passenger in Minnesota Winters can be unnerving enough.

Literally slide all over just barely tapping the accelerator to start at a traffic light.

1 Like

65 on the dry patches to get past as many of the people doing 30mph as I can. Drop a couple gears and (slowly) disappear.

I’m quite impressed with the fact that I haven’t really had that ever happen to me other than doing it intentionally (4500 and then dump the clutch for some 4-wheel “burnouts”).
When I’m being a normal, civilized person though, I’m pretty much the only one not spinning.

1 Like

Yeah MN gets really icy.
Not all areas of the road, just certain spots of black ice and even snow tires can’t stop it.

Got to be like 1/4" thick. Especially in beginning of Fall when it freezes, melts, freezes, melts. Because then the ice is there until Spring as the base coat of the roads :joy:

1 Like

Driving up to Aspen can be sketchy af. They don’t really plow CO-82 very well so all the snow gets packed onto a pre-existing layer of pure ice. One time going up last year there was a layer that was probably a solid 2" thick completely covering a good 20mi stretch.

1 Like

Oof.

Yeah Ortega Highway during the Winter here can be bad (that’s Highway 74 going from South County to Lake Elsinore, cutting through the Santa Ana Mountains rather than going the extra 2 hours around)

They might even shutdown in Winter because of how many issues they have.

1 Like

Unrelated to the conversation, but do you have a picture of your Jeep you’d be willing to share? I’m curious to see what it looks like.

I won’t mock. I sorta like those older ones.

1 Like

Yes.
I took it up to Saddleback Peak over the Summer:

1 Like