Car Stuff

VW Polo is leaving India :cry:

I really think I missed out on an opportunity that Iā€™ll probably never see again in my life.

About two months ago, I was scrolling through craigslist looking for a beater car. However, I ended up coming across a 1st generation, 1986 Toyota MR2. These cars generally go for $12k for one in ā€œwornā€ condition, upwards of $30k for one in really good condition. The one I found? $3k. And it was in running condition, but needed a cooling system rebuild. Yes, it had some rust. Yes, it had nearly 240,000mi on the clock (itā€™s basically a Corolla though, so itā€™ll have no problem reaching 500k). Yes, it wasnā€™t exactly in pristine condition, but itā€™s a MR2, and not the crappy 3rd gen. What I would easily consider to be my dream sports car was available on the market in a price range that I could have easily afforded.

Quite frankly, an opportunity like this will likely never come up in my life again. MR2s, and modern-classics in general have shot up in value over the past few years. Even a beat up MR2 like this one could easily fetch $10k in the current market.

I really wish I had jumped on that opportunity when I first saw it.

1 Like

oof

Like this:

But it was silver

1 Like

oh

Doing online drivers Ed rn and it sucks

Iā€™ve gotta get new tires and Iā€™ve narrowed down to a few options. But right now Iā€™m trying to decide between some All Terrains. Should I go with Falken Wildpeaks or Yokohama Geolandars.

Theyā€™re both about the same price, but Yokohamas look like theyā€™ll do better in the snow based on the tread block pattern. Theyā€™re a tiny bit more, but Iā€™ve also heard that they last a bit longer than the Falkens. Plus itā€™s the tire that Subaru puts on the Wilderness models from factory.

Yokohama Geolandars:

Falken Wildpeak:

rims arenā€™t included, Iā€™d use my current ones

• Yokohama Geolandars
  • Falken Wildpeak

0 voters

So, based on the fact that I need new tires after today, Iā€™ve ordered some new tires. All things considered, I went with the Yokohamas. Theyā€™ll do better in the snow than the Falkens, and it sounds like theyā€™ve got better tread ware so theyā€™ll last longer.

@A320_Flyerboy19 Does your XC90 have awd or 4x4 (part time, selectable between 2Hi, 4Hi, 4Lo)?

I donā€™t speak car! Can you translate that to normal person please!

1 Like

Do you push a button or a lever to make all the wheels have power or does the car do that itself (or in my case, thatā€™s just how it always is)

Subaru bad Jeep good @KGJT-9149

Lol no.
Jeep is pretty sh*t.

Not near as bad as the early '00s GM Hummer H2 and H3 though :skull:

jeep is the best wth u talkin abt

Ight have fun in your mall crawler. Iā€™ll be out here rallying through the snow (and not getting stuck) in a vehicle from the worldā€™s best car company.

aka jeep

1 Like

No my car does not have that!

1 Like

So itā€™s either AWD or 2wd.

Do you know if all four wheels get power?

Iā€™m not sure

Iā€™m gonna guess itā€™s awd. Volvo are pretty well known for being awds (not as famous as Subaru, but nothing is when it comes to awd).