Car Stuff

:man_white_haired:t2:

2 Likes

why am i in car stuff

For car stuff?

1 Like

Good on the Japanese. They seem to be the only car makers that are questioning the one path route to carbon neutrality.
I think the biggest problem that they will face though is the fact that many places such as the EU and Japan itself are starting to pass laws that will ban new combustion engines after 2035.
Will many of these laws change, probably. Chances are thar they’re mostly for public show, but if the public believes that engines will be banned, then they’ll start to question why companies such as Toyota and Subaru are thinking outside the box for alternatives.

The new tires are in

I’m having them mounted on the 12th

Ngl, that sounds a lot like a recipe for a MR2 resurrection. Small, light car with a small but punchy engine in the middle and rear wheel drive.

And if it truly does sell for <$30k that’ll probably make it one of the best sports cars to ever come out of the 2020s (and that’s really saying something considering that we’ve gotten the new BMW Z4/Toyota Supra, GR Yaris/Corolla, Subaru BRZ/Toyota GR86, the new Nissan 400z, new Mustang, etc.).

Unfortunately, I doubt it’ll get sold in the US.

No. Absolutely not. The Subaru star logo has been around (in one way or another) since they released the 360 back in 1958.
Subaru’s brand identity doesn’t need to change either. Their simple recipe of capable wagons and hatchbacks has allowed them to create one of the most loyal followings in the entire car industry.

I hold the opinion that Subaru should stop trying to follow the crowd as that is something that they have never been known for. The first 4wd/awd that wasn’t a truck or 4x4 was a Subaru. Lifting a car and making it more capable than many trucks, Subaru did that. CVTs, Subaru was the first one to mass produce them (for cars) in the 80s. Even their engines don’t follow the crowd.

The people who truly want a Subaru, want a Subaru and will want one regardless of if Subaru is mainstream. In fact, the more Subaru trends towards commonality with everyone else, the less they are as Subaru, and that will drive away the people (like me) who like Subarus for how they have always been, and how they should continue to be.

Oi whatsup guys; just lettin you know i <3 Subbuies <---- mostly WRX- twin turbo whatever.

1 Like

My friend brought one of those snowmobiles- can u just run them on a grass hill? i would love to find out

1 Like

Yes, but I wouldn’t do it with the one I ride. Most newer snowmobiles are cooled by snow being flung on a radiator in the tunnel by the track. If there’s no/not enough snow, the sled will over heat.

What sort of snowmobile did your friend buy?

I think its a Polaris Indy … 600? :thinking:

1 Like

yea i just looked it up; its the 2020 Polaris 600 Indy XC 129 <-------- he got it second hand tho

1 Like

If it’s a 2020 I definitely wouldn’t run it on a hill with no snow.

If it was like a 90s, you might be ok as they were air cooled, but a new one like that would overheat really quick.

1 Like

@Hostile-Asf while we’re on snowmobiles, here’s a rev from the sled I ride

It’s sorta loud in the video, but it’s sooo much louder in person.

1 Like

brooo thats sick :metal: what brand is that?

1 Like

Thanks, I ride an Artic Cat M6000 (600cc). Aftermarket exhaust though, they’re not that loud stock and most don’t pop with the OE exhaust.

The thing rips the Colorado pow though.

1 Like

haha do u know if I could straight pipe it or anything? Cuz i have never really looked into how they work … That would be loud af tho if u could

1 Like

You can theoretically cat/muffler delete anything. Straight piping a snowmobile might be sorta hard as the exhaust takes an odd path to get to the outlet.

Most snowmobiles don’t have much in the way of cats or mufflers, so it’s not too difficult to replace those components with a standard piece of exhaust pipe.

1 Like

This thing would run nic

1 Like

Is that a Suzuki Samurai with a flat bed?