Car Stuff

Fails to mention Canada and Australia

1 Like

Also, not all of the US is dependent on cars. If you live in a city, you don’t need to have a car, and many people don’t (you’d be insane to try to own a car in Manhattan, Los Angeles or the other major cities). But, because most of the US is not just a few close, densely packed cities like smaller counties (or in your case, most of India), it makes no sense to have a large public transit network.

1 Like

Even Australia?

A good and efficient train and bus service would do wonders

Once you get out of the cities, yes.

My valley has a bus service. It is considered the best rural transit system in the country. Up valley the service is more frequent, however the stop by my house only shows up (east bound) twice a day; 6:30am and 7:30am, and does not return until 5pm.

A bus service makes no legitimate sense when trying to connect tiny towns, and a train service makes even less sense. That’s what most of the western US is, small towns multiple hours away from population centers.

2 Likes

Only if demand is there
If the operator finds demand, then they’ll increase the frequency

its done a lot here and those services are 90% of the time successful

What’s a small town in India? 20,000?

These look great (not a huge fan of the Ascent based truck though). Too bad they’re just fan renders.
That little Justy would destroy off road. The Crosstrek it’s based on is already one of the most capable cars (not 4x4s) that you can buy, but add a shorter wheelbase, lighter weight, and better approach/break over/departure angles and it’ll be unstoppable. Especially if it uses the old 50/50 mechanical system that they still have in the Crosstrek 6MT.

No
there are many more smaller towns which have a daily train service to the nearest large city and a good bus service to the neighbouring towns

daily frequent train service

Well then what do you call a “small town”?

Also, another fact that should be considered in this is that rural India (no offense) is significantly poorer than rural America.

1 Like

There are towns with 4k people (like my native) which have frequent bus and train services

Yes and I don’t know how that affects the argument

The poorer someone is, the less likely they are to own personal vehicles, and they are more dependent on public transportation or walking/biking. As rural India is quite poor (again, no offense), the people there are more likely to be dependent on public transit as they likely cannot afford to have a vehicle.

And no, I’m not trying to target India. That is just the example I am using. The same can be said of poor suburbs and neighborhoods in US cities.

1 Like

Many people have good bikes and some have hatchbacks

I think you missed the very key words of ‘more likely’, but let’s just leave it at this: if you have a problem with us being car dependent, then simply don’t come here.

Now, let’s get back to Car Stuff.

1 Like

I’ve been looking at new rims for the Subie. I like the look of the Sparco Terra, but idk if I should go with Bronze, Silver/Grey, or Gold?

They also have black or matte white options, but the black is a 4-bolt which won’t fit my car (5-bolt) and I don’t think the white would go too well with my winter green and bronze wagon.

1 Like

whats the colour of your car?

Didn’t he just say that though?

Haven’t revisited this place since New Years

It’s winter green (Subaru calls it seamist green) with a brassish color on the bumpers and lower door panels.

1 Like

This would look good I guess

1 Like