An Exciting Time For Aviation in Barbados!

An Exciting Time For Aviation in Barbados!

Over the months, I’ve noticed that Barbados is slowly coming back to 2019 levels with multiple new airlines for the busy 2021 winter season. As the government opens the country back up, we’ve seen brand new airlines to the island!

United Airlines

United Airlines will be Operating Weekly Flights on Sundays with a 737-800, from Washington-Dulles and Newark Liberty. Their flight numbers are UA390 And 391 for the former, and UA 389 and 390 respectively. The flights will operate from December 5th 2021 to April 2022.

KLM

KLM, of which was the first airline to touch down in Barbados is coming back after almost 85 years. They will fly to Port of Spain and Amsterdam. The flights begin on October 16th 2021. The flight numbers for both former and latter are KL0781. Both flights would be operated on a A330-200.

Aer Lingus

Aer Lingus will run flights from Manchester, Competing with TUI and Virgin Atlantic. The flights, beginning on October 20th, until April 2022 will have the flight numbers of EI 30 and 31.

Lufthansa

Lufthansa will fly from Frankfurt Am Main with their Legendary Airbus A340-300’s! The flight numbers being LH522 and 23. They will be running their flights during the entire winter season {Nov. to Apr.}.

Virgin Atlantic

Virgin Atlantic, an iconic airline flying to Barbados for the longest while, has established new Routes To Carribean Islands on the Brand New 787-9. These being Grenada and St.Vincent.

The Flight numbers are:
Former = VS 187 and 88
Latter = VS 197 and 98

I got my Info from here regarding the flights.

To find out the KLM flight to Amsterdam, Go to the Amsterdam Route Map.

5 Likes

wow!

2 Likes

i was geniunely happy when i saw that

1 Like

oh

1 Like

News coming from Scotland where Virgin Atlantic has added a Edinburgh - Bridgetown Route! This will be operated by their A330-200’s, starting service on December 5th.

2 Likes

Lucky

2 Likes

I hope I get to fly on one of those before they get retired

2 Likes

actually LH pulled their route so now A343

Lame
idk if SAN still gets the A343. I know they used to with Lufthansa and Edelweiss

And LAX doesn’t get the A343 (if they did in the past, most recently it was with SAS)

1 Like

Coming with more news!

KL781 is expected to leave Amsterdam On Saturday, In Which the A330 Will make a 9 hour and 20 minute journey to Barbados

Eurowings Discover Has Also announced their plans for the island, starting flights on November 1st.

Virgin Atlantic Has started Flights to St.Vincent Yesterday (October 13rd, 2021). The Aircraft has been replaced to an a330-300

WORLD2FLY

World2fly on November 1st, announced plans for a Bridgetown - Madrid Route. The Spanish Airline has not made it clear on what aircraft it is. The route is expected to begin in Summer '22.

TUIFLY BELGIUM

Today TUIfly Belgium Made its first appearance today. The Inaugural, JAF9603, Flew an 8 hour flight from Dusseldorf to Bridgetown. The Aircraft being used is the Boeing 787.

TUIFLY UNITED KINGDOM

TUIfly United Kingdom has came back after 2 years of absence, due to the ongoing health crisis. The Airline, are restating the following:

BGI - CWL, BGI - MAN
BGI - MAN, BGI - MAN
BGI - LGW, BGI - LGW

UPGRADES AND DOWNGRADES

British Airways Has re-introduced the Boeing 777-300ER on LHR - BGI - LHR routes. This is because of the upcoming Winter season, on December 15th.

Air Canada has recently downgraded their 787-8 services to 737 MAX 8 services. The reason is currently unknown.

2 Likes

your in the same boat as bda, Air Canada went from a 737 max 8 2x weekly to a max 8 and an a320 weekly and now we are served 1x weekly with an air canada rouge a321. pretty sure its bc westjet is coming back with the max 8 in 2 weeks

1 Like

air canada would upgrade it not downgrade

1 Like

Well they downgraded to 1x weekly and they r using air Canada rouge now so I’d consider that a downgrade

1 Like

WINAIR

Winair has supposedly announced flights from Antigua, Saint Lucia and Dominica. They Will use the ATR-42-300 to operate such flights.

INTERCARRIBEAN AIRWAYS

Intercarribean airways will start flights to Cheddi Jagan International, In Guyana. They Say It will start on December 17th, 2021 and they will use the E-145.

WESTJET

Westjet Returns After their last flight in February to the island! they start operations tomorrow with the 737-800.

CONDOR

Condor, After 2 years finally returns to the island! They started yesterday and will be using 767’s from Frankfurt.

UPGRADES AND DOWNGRADES

AIR CANADA

As Westjet returns, they upgrade their 737 MAX 8 services to 787-8’s again.

2 Likes

Ayyy, BDA is in the same boat as you, we are getting westjet back as well with flights on the Max 8 though. So I guess BDA is just better :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Yeah no

2 Likes

Yeah yes, superior island

AIR ANTILLES

Air Antilles has unveiled a massive expansion. In this expansion, a Flight from Antigua to Barbados Was Announced. The Flights begin on December 17th.

UPGRADES AND DOWNGRADES

AMERICAN - UPGRADE

Starting From Tomorrow, American Will Change the Classic AA612 to AA325. The Plane is replaced with an A321. The flight will fly every day.

American Will Add An Flight From Miami, leaving at 6PM EST and arriving at 10PM. On the Next Day, the flight will leave at 8 AM. The Airline will use a 737 MAX or 737-800 for the route.

CONDOR - UPGRADE

Also Starting from Tomorrow, Condor Will Add another 767 flight, 4 hours after the first and original one. It will be operated by a 767-300 with Winglets. The flight number is DE3782.

EUROWINGS - UPGRADE

On Every Monday And Thursday, Eurowings Discover will add 2 new flights. These being 4Y2008 and 2007. Both will be operated by the Airbus A330-200.

3 Likes

AIR CANADA ROUGE

After 3 Years, Air Canada Rouge returns to the island with A321’s. Flights Start on May 1st 2022 from Toronto.

UPGRADES AND DOWNGRADES

AIR CANADA - DOWNGRADE

Air Canada has unfortunately downgraded the daily 787-8/9, to the A320-200. The reason is omicron, which has caused a drop in Carribean routes. the 787-8/9 will be used on Weekends ONLY.

2 Likes