World Flying Community Official MUN Thread

Debate has been closed

Who won? Or are there winners? Idk how this whole thing works lol

1 Like

The winner for best delegate was Estonia.

And it turns out the chairs are hella biased. For example, the UK got outstanding delegate. I did not get an award. The UK gave 7 comments. I gave 9.

It should’ve gone like this:

1. Estonia
  2. South Africa
  3. Vietnam
  4. Brazil
  5. UK

Why do you care about the UK thing if you live in the US :joy:

1 Like

Do you understand how MUN works?

Apparently, Estonia was the only HB delegate that got best delegate. I was like

YES TABITHA YOU GO GIRL!

could someone pls feed the system its daily meal of human suffering?

And why is this bot so unethical?

If this bot don’t watch its mouth it’ll get beaten up any day now.

Fixed it for ya

1 Like

You put the word sexual and it triggered it

1 Like

#demonitized

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: World Flying Community Off-Topic Discussion (Part 3)

uhhhh

Wrong topic?

1 Like

This is the MUN thread

1 Like

Me thinking this was off topic chat :joy::man_facepalming:

2 Likes

For this next conference, it’s a bit different. Instead of modeling the UN, we’re modeling India’s government.

And it’s an in class conference, which means no other schools.

Here’s my speech for tomorrow

(@system will get angry for using a word on violence against women)
By the end of this class period, six people will be raped in India. Such the story of Asifa Bano, an eight year old girl living in the Indian city of Kathua. In early January of 2018, Bano was abducted, raped and murdered by gang members. A total of seven were arrested, including two church officials and three police officers. This case was known as the Kathua rape case, and lead to the reform of the Ranbir Penal Code. Despite precautions, over 60 people will still be raped by the end of the day. While most people think of rape when thinking of crimes against women in India, another unseen form of abuse against women is domestic violence, which 70% of women experience. While India’s laws helped women gain equality, such as article 14 in India’s constitution, women are still generally treated unequally. The rate of literate women in India is far less than men, with 40% of women being illiterate, and 20% of men being illiterate. This can be attributed to education. On top of this, a 20% gender pay gap for women is enforced in some businesses. The largest problem of these is land. Families in India often don’t let women purchase or inherit land. Even with the Hindu personal laws of 1956, women still have different inheritance rights over men, who independently inherit land. While these issues seem quite hard to solve, India has the appropriate laws and mottos in place to easily solve this issue. In essence, we aren’t solving this because it will manifest itself into a country ending problem, we’re solving it because it would be relatively simple to curve, and it’s the right topic to take action on.

1 Like