World Flying Community Official MUN Thread

Hello and welcome to the Unofficial MUN Thread!

Here, we can proofread each other’s roasts, gripe about upcoming conferences, talk about our country’s policies, write position papers, keep track of other member’s conferences, and come up with and check each other’s solutions. If you would like to be added to the MUN list, please tell us in the replies!

Previous Conferences

Username Country Committee Topic Date of Conference
@GBKarp Ireland CTC Avoiding Homegrown Violent Extremism and Cyberterrorism 3/1/2021
@GBKarp China CTC Avoiding Foreign Terrorist Fighters and Soft Targets 23/8/2020
@Nugget Netherlands ECOFIN Effect of Novel Viruses on the Ecnonomy 12/12/2020
@Nugget Angola WHO Preventing the Spread of HIV and AIDS 10/31/2020
@Nugget Qatar N/A Yemen Crisis 2/17-2/26/2021
@Nugget South Africa WHO Preventing the spread of mass pandemics 3/13/2021
@Nugget India Parliament Women’s Rights/Sexual Assault Prevention 3/17-3/27/2021
@Nugget Tunisia Security Council (SC2) Syrian Civil War 4/24/2020
@GBKarp Chair CTC Cyberterrorism 9/14/2021

Upcoming Conferences

Username Country Committee Topic Date of Conference
4 Likes

What is the Pandemic type?

1 Like

We’re doing it on viruses that have the potential to spread into a mass pandemic. We’re focusing on ebola and COVID-19

1 Like

Heads up: This topic will be closed if politics comes into play. Please focus on a specific topic, politically unrelated.

Thank you, and have fun. :blush:

4 Likes

My MUN conference ended next week

Nugget, can we have a part for previous and a part for upcoming?

1 Like

Sure! You can also make this a wiki if you want as well.

You do notice that MUN’s country policies are based on politics, but it’s based on how a country approaches a situation and how they would solve it in comparison to other countries. Otherwise, pretty nonpoliticial. The rest is just brief overviews and your own solutions solve your topic.

It is done

1 Like

Imagine being North Korea lol

1 Like

The DPRK delegate in our comittee recieved a warning

1 Like

Lol why is that even a country in this :joy:

1 Like

There was also Iran

We were CTC committee

1 Like

Oof lol

1 Like

Wait, weren’t you also China in a previous conference?

1 Like

Yea forgot to add

1 Like

My school not kool enough

1 Like

Yes, I’m aware. I was referring more or less to political events (specifically within the U.S.) that may cause issues within the community. People will always find a way to start something. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

The Yemen crisis simulation was fun.

Apparently in my sister’s class, the U.S. nuked Yemen three times, Iran nuked the U.S. twice, the U.S. president was killed, France launched a nuke at the UK but they managed to deflect it, Russia took over 3/4 of the world and turned the U.S. into New Russia, and the world became a communist haven. The UK (who my sister was) was the only surviving member of the P5.

1 Like

What an accurate representation of what WWIII will be in 2026

2 Likes