World Flying Community Flight Simulator Landing Competition (February 2022)

World Flying Community Landing Competition (February 2022)

Credit to @Canadian_Aviator

In our first flight simulator event of 2022, the WFC will be holding a competition for flight sim landings. We all try to make a smooth landing, but who can be the SMOOTHEST?

Everyone will attempt a landing at one of the airports listed below (pick and choose)

• Seattle-Tacoma (SEA)
  • Tel Aviv Ben Gurion (TLV)
  • Mumbai (BOM)
  • Hong Kong (HKG)
  • Sydney (SYD)
  • São Paulo (GRU)

Rubric

You can perform this in any flight simulator. However, it must be submitted in replay mode. The rubric used for grading can be seen below.

Action Exceeding Expectations (4) Meeting Expectations (3) Approaching Expectations (2) Below Expectations (1)
Approach Fully Stable, not bumpy and smooth A few bumps but smooth Plane bouncing around and near loss of control Loss of control/crash
Flare Average flare, not too much but not too little. A but too much flare. Almost tried too much to butter. Near tailstrike, way too much flare/Not enough flare. No flare or tailstrike
Landing Perfect butter Pretty good, but a bit stiff Plane bounces or lands too hard Crash or extremely rough landing.
Landing speed 130-140 120-130 140-160 Anywhere outside of this range.
Stop Uses reverse thrust, flaps correct, spoilers on, stop reverse thrust at 60kts. Missing 1/4 Missing 2/4. Missing 3 or more.

Graded Out Of 20

How To Submit

Please fill out the form completely and upload either a .mp4 or .mov of your landing. Your landing should also contain the speed and altitude. (You can show one from the outside, and one zoomed into the numbers in the cockpit)

Good luck! (Submissions are due by 2022-03-01T04:59:00Z
https://www.worldflyingcommunity.com/w/landing-competition

6 Likes

Ryanair pilots :

1 Like

yey my home

1 Like

aw man i was gonna try the 717 in IF, but that doesnt have live cockpit…

Good luck with that.

1 Like

What if I have both the speed and the altitude in the little HUD bar at the bottom of the screen? Will that work for showing the speed and altitude stats instead of doing stuff in cockpit view?

1 Like

That works :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@PlanesAndGames You kinda gotta participate now if that is an airport!

1 Like

Tried to pick one from each continent lol

2 Likes

I don’t fly into any of these airports

exception pls

1 Like

You think I won’t?

VHHX Is what I’m reading. No?

1 Like

I think you’ll do what I’ll be doing float for like 20 billion year then be done with it and just slam it.

1 Like

VHHH

1 Like

VHHH

1 Like

Yeahhh thanks for organizing this! This gonna be real fun :slight_smile:

Just a quick question - how long of an approach do you want?

Enough :joy:

2 Likes

Define “Enough :joy:

2 Likes

fair enough lmao

proceeeds to land from short final