World Flying Community Flight Simulator Landing Competition (February 2022)

sooo, take off on the runway float it then just land.

does and XCuby count :pleading_face:

I have a very important question though.

If we were to submit an entry for a smaller aircraft like the Q400, does the landing speed still have to be within this range in order for it to achieve a score of 4 in this particular section? (The typical landing speed of a Q400 is about 120 knots.)

Another example is the Airbus A319, according to an official Airbus manual the final approach speed at MLW in standard atmospheric conditions is 126 knots, which is, again, below 130 knots.

A final example would be light GA aircraft, which in some cases would have their Vne speed (‘red line’ speed, which is not to be exceeded in flight) below 130 knots. May I know if there is a separate speed criteria for these aircraft I mentioned? Thanks.

1 Like

Yes. That criteria was like a general range, but we will be judging based on realistic aircraft numbers.

2 Likes

Everyone, submissions close in 3 days! Please make sure you continue to butter :butter:

:100:

1 Like

No need to waste your time trying to make your best landing, we already have a winner

If that is your submission, make sure you submit it with the link!

3 Likes

bruh of course it’s not, I already submitted my actual landing

that landing must’ve caused an earthquake able to be felt 60 miles away

1 Like

Just submitted lmao good luck

Lets get a few more submissions! If you all have just a few minutes today to preform a landing, it can still be counted and you have a chance to win!

If you can’t get it uploaded to google drive or YouTube (or any file sharing service), fee free to make a submission and PM the video to me! Enjoy!
https://www.worldflyingcommunity.com/w/landing-competition

3 Likes

90 minutes remaining! (actually 92 but whatever)

-3:17 remaining!

Lmao good luck to everyone who sumbitted

1 Like

-47 hours everyone!!!

3 Likes

“only” -52 hours

1 Like

I have a very great one but doesn’t have numbers or alt. It’s very long ago but I might as well share it

https://youtu.be/aEXvkU2RiJQ

1 Like

No worries! Feel free to submit it using the link above to be entered :slight_smile:

3 Likes

ahem

3 Likes

When are results expected to go out? or did zac forget this exists lmao

1 Like

never

Did u do a proper submission lol

1 Like

yup

1 Like