The Story Behind Your Username

I’m curious, a lot of people have these odd usernames that I don’t know where they would’ve came from. So down below, take the time to explain exactly where the origin of your user name is and how you came to think of it. I’ll go first.

So my user name was pretty much just thought I was in about five minutes. I wanted to change my user name from the generic Gmail username that was given to me on the IFC (@Zac_Penson). I thought of using CaptainZac because I thought of nothing better. Pretty unamusing, I know

6 Likes

Ethan and Ethan_Lee was taken

5 Likes

Well…KTJ_Mitchell is actually the first initials of all my family members plus our last name:

K is my Mom
T is my Dad
J is me, John!

Mitchell is our last name, nothing special, had to put an underscore due to Discourse regulations

So yeah, there is my story!

4 Likes

My original name was @EICK which is the ICAO for my local airport. I wasnt a fan of it fully so a few months ago I changed it to Vortex because I was trying to think of something that relates to aviation. It actually came to me when I was watching a plane spotting video and it had loads of planes with vortexs coming off them so it came to me then

5 Likes

I thought of Rolls Royce.

Royce was taken.

7 Likes

Or you were eating bread @Rolls

4 Likes

On the IFC i’m phoenix006 -
006 cuz i was born in 2006
Over here, PhoenixAviationYT cuz YouTube channel

Phoenix cuz -

1. The apartment which I live in is called Phoenix
  2. I found a book on the bird Phoenix.
  3. I just like that name.

My irl friends call me finnix lol

3 Likes

It makes it seem like you know what your talking about when you talk aviation. (Which you do know what your talking about.)

Now on to the story of my username.

The very first time I logged onto the IFC I was given the username “1700302”. You may be wondering what do these numbers mean to me? They mean nothing. Absolutely nothing. I just clicked random numbers until I thought something looked good.
Then I saw a post by @anon94363592 in this topic on the IFC. I quickly PM’d @Declan_O and got my user name changed to @Zhopkins.

Why I chose Zhopkins. As many of y’all here know my first name is Zachary. My last name is Hopkins. Zhopkins is a mash of my first and last name. I have some more reasons that are a tad bit personal.

5 Likes

It’s just my name lol

1 Like

Okay Mr. Layton

1 Like

Interesting that I never get a Mr. in front of my name. I feel a
:ban:
coming on.

:joy:
Joking of course. I’m 100% fine with what y’all have been calling me.

1 Like

@ToasterStroodie I really wanna know sir

1 Like

I went to a random name generator website, put in “Flights” as the keyword and the first one that came up was Flightistic, so I used it. Looking back I probably could have chosen a better name lol

2 Likes

So as you might know, I live in western Colorado (WesCo), and KGJT (GJT), Grand Junction Walker Field Rgnl is the largest airport in Colorado west of Denver, so I consider it my home airport. I also wanted to show that there were more mountain airports in CO other than the famous ASE and EGE.
The 9149 part came from my call sign in infinite flight when used to play it because before they updated it for numbers to be pronounced individually, if you put a space between the 91 and the 49 it would pronounce it as ninety-one forty-nine, which I though sounded cool and so I stuck with it even after the feature was removed.

2 Likes

Infinite Flight.
Pilot.

4 Likes

GBKarp because GB are the initials of my first and middle name and Karp are the first words in my last name

4 Likes

great britain

5 Likes

Ah yes,

Great Britain Karp…

4 Likes

Well mine’s is @Errigal because I live in Donegal. Right up at the top little bit of Inishowen. Errigal is Donegal’s highest mountain and I climb it every year and it carries many memories for me.

4 Likes

I thought I was the only person that would play IF from Grand Rapids, so I thought I should represent. Usually I use DeltaDev13, Delta I love, Devin, my favorite number is 13.

1 Like