Long bois

1 Like

See what I mean by the Japanese being experts at cramming a lot of [whatever] into small spaces?

1 Like

Why I don’t want to take the train in Japan

3 Likes

:joy:

1 Like

You can’t really deny that they have the best high-speed rail network in the world though.

58 years of operations without a single fatal derailment or crash - there is even earthquake protection installed on most newer versions of the Shinkansen. Not to mention that the average delay on all Shinkansen lines is… 24 seconds.

Even on regular subway/commuter trains, delays are still very rare compared to most other countries and are relatively minor if they actually happen.

2 Likes

Their early warning also helps to stop trains before the shaking gets there. CA has it too now (though not as useful, because):

The issue with California is that we sit on top of the plate boundary, whereas Japan’s most active one is off the coast. So they get more warning time than we do when an earthquake occurs. Also we have hundreds of faults directly under populated areas, so we’re lucky to get 10 seconds warning with most quakes. (Since most smaller faults are near plate boundaries, most of ours happen to be on land).

informatiom no one asked for, over

2 Likes

informatiom

1 Like

Wow. Autocorrect loves picking the words I’m not typing, but when I do mistype, it does nothing. Nice :+1:t3:

1 Like

lmaoo

Yes, this actually happened on the line a few years earlier:

2 Likes

I mean, if you only get to your train 20 seconds before it leaves, you might want to be a bit earlier

2 Likes

lol

yoooooo!!

lessgo Siemens!

JR Hokkaidō 733-3000 series at Sapporo New Chitose station.
Taken December 31, 2022.

1 Like