GA Spotting is SOOOOOOOO Underrated // Spotting Airside @ 8D4!

Wow, what an experience! I got invited by the Sparta airport to come out to 8D4, and check out the pancake breakfast flyout! Take a look at some of my favorite shots, as close as 10’ from an active runway!

Cessna 172 operated by West Michigan Aviation Academy, taxis out to RWY 25, headed to do some patterns! Fun fact, I was on my way to drop my application off for that school, but I told mother to turn around half way there, and I’m glad I did TBH.

United States Army’s Bell UH-1 Iroquois comes in to land over all the arrived traffic!

YOOOO! Whassup Tango! I saw this plane at LEAST 20 times, it’s a Beechcraft Bonanza btw

Sweet Maule M5, with amphibious floats on it, taxis out for departure!

Not my cleanest shot, but the pilot of this Van’s Aircraft RV-4, Flight of 3, gives me the :call_me_hand:t2: sign as he rotates away!

Awe :green_heart: you too :pleading_face:, Van’s Aircraft RV-4, Flight of 3, leaves Sparta.

Aeronca L-3 Grasshopper lifts off from RWY 25 off for the vast sky.

Coming in at my 3rd favorite shot here, a lellow Boeing-Spearman Model 75, comes in for a quick bite to eat!

My 2nd favorite shot here, another Boeing-Spearman Model 75, lifts off, but, with a smoke trail. So. Frickin. Cool

Now, this is the reason why aviation is so awesome, the pilot of this Gyrocopter gives us 3 spotters a wave as he heads in for the pancake breakfast!

Favorite Shot?

0 voters

Rate

0 voters

Thanks y’all,

~Devin/IF_KGRR

6 Likes

Why tho

1 Like

Tenís and gulf @Nugget, I’m glad I did, I’m #1 in both sports as a Sophomore

1 Like

Too many activities + Too much school = :dizzy_face:

1 Like

Sick shots! I really like that last one.

1 Like

Underrated… ha. More like overrated.

Even though I prefer commercial spotting over GA, these shots are amazing. You can really make any airport look goo—- wait… are you coming to Florida soon? You can… ya know… pop by FLL and give it the love it deserves. Jk. Great job!

:joy:

3 Likes

@Nightt: We all do :relieved:

@CaptainZac: I am going to FL soon, but it’s a school trip to Disney

2 Likes

Disney > Universal

Period. So much more to do at Disney. Universal there is 2 parks and 3 hotels, Disney has 4 parks and 25 hotels.

1 Like

I haven’t been to Disney in 11 years, so this’ll be a new experience for me

Well… you can get a head start with this topic.

1 Like

Florida copying CA

To be fair, Disney was Walt’s dream… He was the one who planned the Florida one… Even though he never got to see a complete, he did most of the planning. But yes, I guess Florida copied California but because Florida is so much superior, we did it on a much bigger scale.

1 Like

Truth right there

Y’all copied Universal too
Except we actually have studios here

1990 FL opened too :joy:

It doesn’t matter tho. CA has America’s first and best theme park. Because it has real rides and it’s not Disney or universal

When this a spotting topic 😵‍💫 @moderators could y’all merge some of the replies here into the best Disney parks, or Discussion?

1 Like

Ok shhhhhh

Jk

The Stearman is cool. Heard one fly over once. It was loud

1 Like

Loved 5 and 9 the most! I agree that GA spotting is underrated.

1 Like

I was so mad when I was going through my shots and I saw that, it’s not CRISPY at all (#5 btw)

1 Like

what do you mean by crispy?

1 Like

Clean, not blurry