Fun facts about aviation

Here’s F-OSEA when she first entered service

1 Like

Cute.

The 2 red stripes just ending there trigger me though lmao.

It’s supposed to represent the french polynesian flag so that’s why it cuts off weird

Aren’t they retired? I miss them so much.

yep sadge

Eh, still triggers me, lol.

Also, it doesn’t really make sense, since it doesn’t cut off at the beginning of the 2 stripes…

Bucharest Otopeni International Airport, 10 years apart.

1 Like

It’s official, first Airbus A340 registered in Romania! It is owned by Legend Airlines, a new charter services providing airline from Romania. All A340 are ex. Air Belgium.

1 Like

Stupid AirBelgium, if only they kept them a bit longer, I might’ve seen them…

But eh, ig that Romanian livery is cool, same with that old Tarom, ngl.

1 Like

Those are certainly some legendary liveries for me lol. Keep an eye out for the A340’s, charters can happen anytime as Romanians like to travel!

El Al brings back the 777!
@CaptainZac you may like this.

i just saw one flying TLV-CDG

1 Like

F-BVFD, the only Concorde to be scrapped

2 Likes

Sun Country, the airline which only operates Boeing 737s, used to operate flights with the aircraft to London

4 Likes

With the -700 or -800? (The -700 has a slightly longer range.)

2 Likes

-800, used for an ETOPS rating

4 Likes

The Boeing B-29 Superfortress and 737-MAX 10 are actually directly related to one another

3 Likes

might wanna go even further back with the B-17

also why do you write 737-MAX :skull:

2 Likes

Eh, it really all starts with the B-29. From there, Boeing developed the B-50, and then from there the C-97 Stratofreighter. After that, it was developed into the KC-97, featuring the internal designation of Model 367. After the war, Boeing wanted to get into commercial aviation by introducing jets, and they decided to base their first proof-of-concept aircraft on the 367, making the 367-80. With airlines interested, Boeing went ahead and developed that into the 707. A couple years later, the basic design was refined into the Original 737. Jump over the Classic and NG Generations, arrive at the MAX, and the largest member, the MAX-10.

3 Likes

Yea why. It’s 737 MAX 8, not 737-MAX, that one doesn’t exist. :skull:

1 Like