Cars vs. Public Transit

The newer American buses are cushioned, but in general Japanese buses have softer seats (and other Asian countries probably are like that)

3 Likes

oh

Eg MSRTC, KSRTC, RSRTC

Eg Kanpur and Lucknow by UPMRC

doesn’t matter since Bermuda busses on top

1 Like

but Walking superiority >

1 Like

bermuda suburbs on top

1 Like

How good transit is good for cities :
Mumbai Metro lines 2A and 7 have reduced traffic on the WEH by more than 50% and overcrowding in local trains by almost 50%. Even B.E.S.T has been able to earn extra money by launching metro feeder routes. Autos and taxis are losing customers and its very good since they are idiots with no idea of road safety.

In India, however this is not a blanket statement as most developed countries’ roadways are quite safe.

1 Like

yes
but

Ok, first off, what’s WEH, and second, how does increased train use reduce the number of people using said train?

1 Like

Western Express Highway

New metro lines → People ditch cars, taxis and local trains → Less traffic → Less crowd in local train

If you want the difference between metro and local train :

1. Metro

2. Local train

1 Like

I am going to argue for cars here because they are more convenient, as in you can go anywhere at any time you want. With public transport, you often have to wait for it, it could get delayed or cancelled or depending on where you are going, there might not be service there, meaning you may need a car anyway.

2 Likes

I don’t know about the UK, but most places in India are served by public transit, be it trains, buses or maxi vans. And in most cities, transit stops are a maximum of a 5 minute walk away from what they serve (hospitals, schools, business parks etc). So having a car here doesn’t make much sense and most people don’t have one anyways, so they rely on public transit.

2 Likes

And the places that aren’t?

This is generally true in East Asia too, as long as you don’t go too far into the rural parts. Not sure about Europe and elsewhere.

Like I said, the US evolved very differently, so I personally think the public transit argument in America is pretty dumb.

2 Likes

i dont think anyone works in the middle of the thar or himalayas or in some random rainforest in the konkan and north east

I bet you some people do.

1 Like