Cars vs. Public Transit

for intra city

inter city

also cheaper and faster than hiring a truck/owning one

Glad I don’t live there, last time I was there it was just infested with bikers.

whats wrong with cyclists?

They swarm like pests, and get in the way.

Even worse here when there’s one right infront of you going like 20% the speed of the cars around them.

Then get bike lanes
Then they won’t get in the way because they’ll have their own protected space to ride in

again, give them bike lanes and they wont be in front of you going slow

They dont have the necessary infra, because of which they have to resort to swarming and all that

I bike to school and i have protected bike lanes and most of the time i’m just flying past the 7:15am rush hour traffic only to be overtaken by buses on dedicated lanes

Lane discipline? I have no problem with bike lanes, but it’s the ‘oh, imma just swerve out into traffic without indication or looking and then complain when I suffer the consequences of my actions’. If I swerved into someone in the other lane because there’s no barrier between the lanes and then complained because they hit me that would quite stupid.

In fairness, driving seems dreadful in India.

That’s true, however I still hold my point of it being an emergency cash reserve if needed.

No, but there are many other things that need to be addressed first before we worry about emissions, such as wasteful purchasing, and the poor quality of things leading to the fact that more need to be produced (burning more resources and creating more emissions) because they break immediately.

Because it’s quite difficult to take a pallet of cement mix, and a tool box, and a digger, and steel beams, etc on the metro.

Then what’s the problem?

1 Like

Ah ok

Oh wow is it really that bad there?

true

Facts
Imagine being stuck at the same spot for more than 10 minutes
Bangalore is on another level, like bus drivers there finish their lunch while waiting in traffic and not move an inch

hmm yes

Suzuki, Hyundai, Kia and Nissan cars in India vibing with their 0 star safety rating, poor build quality :

What you said is true tho

Oh I thought you were talking about people like electricians or plumbers or companies that transport heavy goods or courier companies

For cement, you’ll need a truck

Nothing

Just trying to say they hate cars without having brought the problem upon themselves (to an extent)

There’s enough space for them on the side of the road in the dirt, but yet they still love to slowly cruise around.

Oh talking about cruising around, the freaking tourists, mostly dutch ones, think they can cruise around at an extremely low speed, once I saw some crackhead going 8km/h, like wtaf, and there was a biker infront of that car. (They were probably together.)

(Internet died btw.)

1 Like

Yeah, but the small one isn’t as sturdy and can’t carry a lot of passengers.

Have fun off-roading in that thing…

1 Like

it wouldnt hurt to construct a bike lane

also its not pleasant to ride in the dirt

ok

Small one is for transporting light goods
Large one, if its bought for the same purpose, then it makes no sense

It would, actually, we have no space on the sides of most roads, barely even any sidewalks, lucky to even see one.

So what? It’s not pleasant to drive behind an extremely slow biker either.

Well still, it’s their money, I’d probably still buy the bigger one, has way more uses and like I said, seems way sturdier and safe.

Oh you thought I was talking about bowling pins pedestrians? No. :rofl:

Also that image clearly didn’t list getting the funny paraplegia.

1 Like

bruh :joy:

cars without airbags have now become illegal and the govt is planning to get all such cars off the road in 5 years

cars need a minimum of 2 airbags now

1 Like