Cars vs. Public Transit

Yes.

1 Like

what about the poor chap who chose to/has to drive lmao

i want to see that place now lol
theres a place 50km away from where i live where trains literally cut through waterfalls during monsoons

nice

what about 180 or maybe 200 or 320?

Meghalaya with its 20km of fully electrified line: It ain’t much but it’s honest work.

@KGJT-9149 want to see something depressing?

It’s honestly quite funny to not see any “public transportation” on this island, just cars, and lots of cars.

Who cares about that anyways?

1 Like

how do you move around?

With a car? Doesn’t matter if its 5 minutes away, we always use a car.

1 Like

that would suck :skull:

imagine not walking/cycling

How would it suck? Cars are way faster. People barely bike here anyways, we have no sidewalks either, so.

Also have fun getting torn to bits by wild dogs.

:flushed:

i expected bonaire to be like netherlands lmao

Teenagers? Really? That’s def incorrect lmao.

1 Like

How? It looks like a desert here.

What’s your supposedly depressing fact that I will simply drown out with the sounds of a burbling flat 4?

1 Like

Boutta wreck your whole meme

Cyclists: Are we talking about the people on E-bikes (cheat bikes) that are super preachy about being “green” and then think they were assaulted by a motorist when they swerve into tarffic, or are we talking about the super cool MTB community that drives around in old Toyota trucks or ancient Subarus with missing catalytic converters?

Teenagers: VTEC just kicked in yoooooooooooooo or oH mY gAwD iS tHaT a SoOpRuH?!

Poor people: For many of them their car is really the only thing of substantial value that they could own, so while it may be necessary for them to get to their job, it can also function as a small cash reserve that can be sold if times get tough.

Environmentalists: To quote the one and only Jeremy Clarkson “well that’s just because environmentalists are stupid”

Small business owners: What sort of business are we talking about? A builder or landscaper or plumber wouldn’t have much of a job if they had carry thousands of pounds of equipment onto the bus or metro and then walk five blocks to a jobsite. Most trade based jobs are only able to be successful and grow because of the ability to transport supplies to far off jobs because of the personal vehicle.

Urban Planners: They brought the problem on themselves. If they hated cars then they shouldn’t have built cities around the car.

Train/Transit nerds: Cars are transit. Boom, theory destroyed.

Joggers/fitness people: Pedestrians have no concept of how to not get hit. When they learn how to not just step out into the street without looking, then I will be willing to listen to them.

2 Likes

this shit

plastic seats with 0 padding, 0 airbags, 0 star ncap safety rating, no aircon or heating, pathetic engine but still is one of the most popular taxis here lmao
oh yeah, also a big cng tank instead of a boot

suzuki :coffee:

1 Like

Honestly, I kinda like living in a place with only cars, and not a bunch of slow bikers blocking the road.

Here, you either drive a car, or ride a bike/motorcycle and get killed because you’re either driving too slow or too erratically, lol.

1 Like

That is depressing.

The no airbags/crash rating thing is whatever, but the rest of that just sounds awful.

1 Like

cycles, e-bikes
what did you expect with 0 protected bike lanes?

who are they?

Probably not in the USA

but here, people hate cars and driving from their soul
some might like exotic cars but on a whole, they are hated

Exactly
Cars are expensive and in car dependant areas, you can’t move around easily without a car and most poor people cant afford cars/decent cars

Well yes but no
cars are not the cleanest

Shops
Shops in transit only/car free/walkable areas record more sales and profit when compared to car dependent areas

Yes

Meanwhile hired small trucks and rental carry vans used extensively in india :
also if its so far off, then why not use a train?

In the USA, yes
In Europe and many parts of India, no
Transit has started to being given priority here and not cars and more national funds have been allotted to the Ministry of Railways instead of the National Highways Authority or Ministry of Road Transport and Highways
And most of the city and state budgets have been allotted to metro construction, city and state bus operators, widening and beautification of footpaths, construction of protected bike lanes, landscaping and rapid transit systems like trams and trolleybus BRT systems

Also in many parts of European cities, they have started banning cars and only allowing buses and trams in

Public transit

You can’t blame them when there is no footpath to walk/jog on

exactly