Cars vs. Public Transit

Ok, let’s burn every personal vehicle, and every semi in the US. The cities won’t be much different, and living outside of the cities (such as I do) would become like living in the wild west. The car is connectivity for rural people. Take away the car and the countryside crumbles.

This creates problems for cities too. Where do you think food comes from? If you cut the connectivity of the countryside you also reduce the quantity of products shipped to cities, and as much as you would like to believe it, you can’t build rails everywhere you can take a car. In some cases it’s just impractical, others it’s just impossible.

You may say now “we survived in cities for 1000s of years without the satanic invention that is the car, we can just do that again”. Well, 1000s, even just 100yrs ago, cities were way smaller than the are now. That’s not just our “backwards” American cities, but for all cities. Even you’re beloved “perfect” indian cities. Larger cities grow into what used to be farm land surrounding them, thus both reducing the amount of space available to grow food, as well as pushing the source farther away from the people who need it but can’t produce it for themselves. You can’t feed all of Bombay with rooftop farms, there’s just not enough space.

Face the facts, cars, and roads aren’t going anywhere regardless of how much you despise them. Quite frankly, probaly 75+% of people alive today depend on the existence of the road-going vehicle for their survival.

2 Likes

bro who said that?
no one got anywhere without roads and trucks and stuff lol

big boi trucks and smol trucks :slight_smile:

our food mostly comes in from eastern maharashtra and punjab by train so yes

bro what :skull:
you havent seen traffic in most parts of cities and cleanliness issues in some areas dominated by minority community?

who despises them?

thats sounds cool af

you

it doesn’t matter. Planes, boats, bikes and walking > cars, trains, trucks and busses. I am always right

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Car Stuff

i can buy 3-4 with body bus chassis’ for the price of one luxury car lmao
Tata LPO1618 AMT costs around 30 lakhs and luxury cars cost 1cr on average
AL Viking is cheaper and Eicher 3016 is even cheaper

Or a Volvo B8RLE with a fully built city bus body for that price

lmao

bus business hehe

What units of measurement are these?

1 Like

30 lakhs - 30,00,000
1cr - 1,00,00,000

India has a goofy ahh counting system and they never bother to clarify it for the understanding of non-Indians

Like come on, if Japan can do it, so can an “English-speaking” country like India

2 Likes

helo saar hao arr yuu i speak ingliss

*literally indian english

Would you rather be speeding down the countryside in these trains our be stuck in a car in traffic

I’d rather be speeding through the countryside in my car.

Not every second spent in a car is in traffic.

can you eat a full fledged meal in your car?
can you attend to calls while in your car?
can you get work done in your car?
can you happily chat with friends/family while looking at beautiful scenery while in your car?
can you legally exceed a speed of 130kmph in your car?

Sure

Absolutely

Yes- as long as you have the ability to not get motion sick

That’s like one of the main points of the car. Why do you think the Great American Family Road Trip is a thing? Also, you can see scenery in the car that is impossible to see from a train.

Yes

words

while moving?
like an actual meal
not a burger with fries and coke

legally while driving? like a zoom call/video conference or a video call with friends?

like actual office work like sending emails/preparing documents or smth

wtf is that
here theres nostalgic train trips, train trips and bus journeys

you cant go through a waterfall in a car

where except germany

also can you sleep in it while on the move?

Yes. Being in a car doesn’t just mean being the driver.

Yeah. Be the passenger

See above

You absolutely can. Can you ride a train through a giant redwood?

Any place that has a speed limit of 130kph/80mph or higher. The state of Montana doesn’t even technically have speed limits outside of cities.