Cars vs. Public Transit

Is that a doubting ‘hmm’ or an accepting the truth ‘hmm’?

1 Like

this

You believe that biking 1mi is enough to counter sitting in an office for 9hrs a day?

Also, I’m not anti-bike, I probably ride 80-100mi a week in the summer.

1 Like

I am a living example of that lol

Don’t you take the train?

1 Like

in the afternoons
in the morning i bike and walk to school because its fun
and the weather allows it

in the afternoon i use the bus and train because at 1:00pm the sun is right over the city

i use public cycles instead of my own

there is a bike rack at almost every bus stop
i walk to the gate from my apartment, scan a qr code, take a bike, ride to the bus stop 100m away from my school, park it there, scan qr code, pay and walk to school

in the afternoon, i walk 130m to a different bus stop because thats where buses to the station stop, tap my card, sit, get off at train station, take my pass out, show to ticket inspector, board train, get off at my station, board a bus, tap my card, get off at my stop and walk home

i actually got thinner and fitter doing this
i was a blob during the lockdown and now im regular sized (idk if you can call it that)

1 Like

If you have your own, why not just use that? It would be cheaper than renting one every day.

Nice.
Though I’d still say that my point (driving to a physical job is better than biking to a sedentary one).

1 Like

because there is no bike racks at my school and if i dare to ride home in the afternoon, i’ll become roast human

also it costs me 25 rupees to rent a bike from the public racks, and thats cheaper and more comfortable than most other options

I guess $0.30 one way isn’t atrocious.

1 Like

Really? I would have definitely thought you’d have racks.

1 Like

yes
instead theres a 200 car parking which only 6 teachers use
which is luckily underground

what about 150 rupees and 230 rupees for the same route :joy:

auto and taxi fares

$2 and $3

Seems a bit impractical for a county that seems to hate the car. My school of 1100 students (though probably only 300 drive) and 70 teachers probably has about 400 spaces, though all of them get used.

How long is the route?

1 Like

exactly

atleast its used

3km or 1.8 miles

That’s probably what it would cost for a cab trip that long in NYC (might even be cheaper than NYC).

1 Like

out of 240 students in my schools 11th grade and 40 teachers (excluding 1st to 10th and 12th has ended for this year), 30 get dropped by their parents, 140 use public transit, 40 use the school bus and the rest walk
all teachers use transit