Cars vs. Public Transit

oh
but its not worth the money
either i’ll be stuck in traffic in a 3 wheeled vehicle which can topple over anytime or i’ll be on a 1000000000 year old santro which has not been cleaned in ages lmao

Also just for reference, if I were to drive your commute, assuming I get 22mpg with gas it the price I filled up at today, it would cost me $0.31.

1 Like

with legroom worse than ryanair

oh

same as renting a bike but probably slower as you cant weave in traffic and probably dont have “cars only” corridors

Yeah, and given your guys’ insane traffic, I likely wouldn’t be getting 22mpg, so my guess is it would probably be closer to $0.45-0.50.

But on the plus side, A/C.

1 Like

What I pay :

25 rupees for the cycle
15 rupees for all bus and train rides combined
150 rupees for some 3 wheeled death trap
230 rupees for a dungeon

oh

morning breeze in mumbai :heart_eyes:

btw
@KGJT-9149 what options do you have if you want to go to Denver (176mi/283km)

Options that I have to go to Aurangabad (same distance)

Drive (takes about 3hrs in good weather)
Bustang from either Rifle or Glenwood
Greyhound from Glenwood
Flight from GJT, ASE, EGE or MTJ
AmTrak from Glenwood (8hrs)

1 Like

nice
you have good options

btw
since the usa has a good highway network, would a system like the intrcity smartbus work?

basically multiple operators under one brand who offer similar services at high standards specified by intrcity and use good quality buses, and are app based

Yeah. Driving is still the easiest, and likely cheapest. I’ve heard Bustang isn’t bad, but it’s still a bus (Greyhound is a nightmare, so I wouldn’t even consider it) . AmTrak is nice for a sightseeing ride through the mountains, but it’s not good if you want to get to Denver quickly.

In terms of flying, Frontier used to sell GJT-DEN tickets for $15 when the GWS canyon was always closed, but that’s a seasonal route and idk if they’ll bring back that $15 ticket. It also only runs once every two or three days. Flights out of the other airports can easily be $400+.

1 Like

oh

:skull:

$24 for flight
$6 for intrcity bus
$7 for train in 2nd class
$18 for sleeper train in AC2
$10 for MSRTC Shivshahi (the white bus)
$11 for MSRTC Ashwamedh (orange bus)
$3 for MSRTC Lalpari (red bus)
Honda City Hybrid (car that my family uses) would cost more because of multiple $2 and $4 tolls along the way and fuel and parking charges

It’s a straight shot on I-70. On average it’s 3hrs, but if traffic is light on Floyd Hill and CSP isn’t out (they never are) I could probably do it in 2hrs.

1 Like

nice
do you have tolls?

1 Like

Nah. There’s a toll/express lane, but the cameras are usually broken so the tolls are waived.

1 Like

lmao

1 Like