Cars vs. Public Transit

yurp, those and the single-level ones behind it. not the greatest, but the comfort inside them is really amazing. plus, what beats that top floor view.

the bus is actually based on a european design, the Enviro500. just adopted for NA markets

1 Like

oh
in 4200 rupees i can take the vande bharat to pune in first class 6 times :skull:

that doesnt look to bad tbh

:joy:

oh

oh yes those sets are really good

best part is during summer, they have a $10 travel pass that gets you the train ride to niagara falls, unlimited transit use on the canadian side of the falls, and your return ticket to toronto. usually a $20-30 value

1 Like

ooh
thats nice

catch the train from anywhere or only from a particular station?

it’s comfy until you realize you’re on 50+ year old cars which shake like a damn earthquake

1 Like

depends, from union is $10, farther is ticket to union + the pass.

if you live near a station on the way there, you can board from there and pay less depending on how close you are

1 Like

their venture-class replacements are much nicer

1 Like

not too bad
we were running 75 year old, british era, wooden coaches till a few years ago
which also used to dump toilet waste straight onto the tracks

imagine trying to sleep in one of those

oh

nice

the only real bad thing i could think about go transit isn’t even an issue with the system, but the government’s control on it.

GO Transit was forced to build parking at almost every station to encourage park-n-rides, to the point where there’s more parking in stations than street parking in the entire city of toronto

1 Like

these give me railjet vibes and thats amazing

and it looks much better than the 2nd class on our lhb coaches

oh

oh no
a train that you drive to?

completely defeats its purpose imo

on our new train sets

still not as good as the siemens coaches

surprisingly actually meets their purpose. most parking lots sit empty, they’re just forced to be there by government

IMG_6507

one of these is a fare-funded train program which costs $10 to ride from downtown to one of canada’s biggest attractions averaging 130km/h

one of these are also a fare-funded airport-downtown rail link that costs $10 and checks you in and tags your luggage at the downtown terminal, making 2 intermediate stops and averaging 120km/h

one is something good from florida for once (RARE!!!)

and the other is a dog-water federally funded rail system who has one good corridor

1 Like

Yes lol

:skull:

How many coaches in each train?

True. I will be quoting instances from Japan a lot here, due to how large both its domestic aviation and rail networks are.

You will only find a few flights from Tokyo to Nagoya - a Boeing 737 (JL201) takes approximately 40-45 minutes to complete the journey while it takes the Shinkansen (maximum 285km/h on the section) 100-120 minutes to do so. However, due to the amount of time spent at the airport checking in, going through security etc., the plane may only be marginally, if any faster than the train.

On the other hand, Fukuoka, 880km from Tokyo by air and 1077km by road from Tokyo, takes between 105 (A350, 787) and 115 (777) minutes to complete on a plane, a far shorter trip than by Shinkansen (297 minutes.)

1 Like

Not always, but sure, let’s just go with that.

Because it’s nice? Because not having to smell others around me is nice? Because being able to not have to worry about upsetting someone if you get a phone call is nice? Because not having to worry about getting your stuff stolen the second you look away is nice? Because not having to deal with drunks is nice?

If you’re in that traffic jam (the bengalaru one, not the free flowing, organized LA one), right of way doesn’t mean jack.

1 Like

GO Trains average around 10. They can go up to 12, and as low as 8. They temporarily used 4-car sets during COVID to reduce operational costs

1 Like

also the time savings of an overnight train

idk
but to me it seems like a usa problem

shortest train here

Hardly. That’s just some of the (many) downsides of public transit that you don’t have to deal with in a car.

1 Like