Car Stuff

what exactly do you mean by “do it all”

Be reasonable at everything. Handles well and has decent power (sporty), can go off road, practical, comfortable for daily use etc.

1 Like

this is a difficult one for me uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

1 Like

anyways yesterday i finally registered for a driving school

Nice! How long is the training in Germany?

depends on how good i am. and i drove a couple times before. even off-road lmao

1 Like

Got a car in mind for when you get your license?

i’m too poor for my own car

@Rina the sh*t box '95 Legacy lives!

1 Like

So there’s still quite a few things wrong with it, but the EJ22 under the hood still runs great even with likely over 300000mi on the clock (odometer is broken at 280k, and according to the documentation it’s been that way for a few years) .
But here’s a short list of some of the bigger/discovered issues:

• the clutch is gone
  • the 5MT sometimes only wants to be a 2spd
  • the buttons to work the defroster won’t stay on, so you have to drive with the window cracked
  • the wire for the starter is broken, so to start the car you have to hold the exposed end on the positive terminal (I guess this creates another layer of security for a car no one would steal)
  • the door locks don’t work
  • the block is covered in oil, so on a cold start you get hot boxed out of the car and it smokes more than a high school freshman
  • the fuel gauge doesn’t work
  • the speedo and rev counter fluctuate at random ever now and then
  • the hand brake ratchet is broken, so if you have to park the car while it’s running, you have to have someone hold the hand brake up
  • the rearview mirror is falling off, but atleast the door mirrors are fine
  • the studded tires are pretty bald, and one of them leaks pretty bad

But so far I’ve only invested $180 (including the purchase price of $1) into this car, and it runs better than every FCA car on the road, so it was a good deal for what is essentially a toy.

Oh, and because we removed the airbox/filter to spray the starter fluid and never put it back on (were going to put a cone on eventually), it now makes a lot of sweet sweet intake noise.

2 Likes

holy crap no way

1 Like

You got a car for $1??!!

1 Like

Yup. We threw a new alternator on it (which in hindsight we might not have even needed), spent about an hour trying to push start it before eventually getting a jump box, and then it sputtered to life in a big cloud of burning oil (it’s way overfilled and the block is covered in oil).

1 Like

Yeah, a 1995 Legacy L wagon with an unknown number of miles (we suspect over 300k). That’s why my bio says what it does.

2 Likes

does it drive well (considering its condition)?

2 Likes

Surprisingly well. Does 80mph+, tracks straight, absorbs the potholes well. Even the seats still have bolstering, so you stay put when you’re ripping the twisty roads.

The worst part is the shifter, but when you don’t have to search for the gears, it shifts suprising smooth despite how sloppy it is.

2 Likes

Hell, even the acceleration isn’t that bad considering it only had 134bhp at sea-level nearly 30yrs ago. It’s probably only making 90bhp at this altitude with it’s age/wear.

2 Likes

damn
is the car good?

All things are, it’s pretty good.

cool deal then!