Car Stuff

When?

It’s still a good transit system. I get the joke haha, yes US sucks, but RFTA and actually Colorado as a whole, have pretty good transit networks.

1 Like

hmmm

Do people use it?

Quite often. I use it a lot between Snowmass and Aspen (I drive to Snowmass now, but I used to take the bus the whole way). Buses are usually full and the HWY 82 BRT line runs every 15mins.

Thats good.

There was a proposed idea to tear up the bike path that runs 40mi from Glenwood to Aspen and replace it with a light rail, but the plan was shot down due to cost.

1 Like

Season 3 Wall GIF by The Simpsons

Build it on new land
or take a portion off of that giant ass interstate and use it for the light rail or smth lol

My classmate’s account
Carspotting in Mumbai

There’s no interstate between Glenwood and Aspen. Plus, the interstate that does run through Colorado is only two lanes each way.

1 Like

Oh
I thought all of them looked like this lmao

problem is that its just Colorado and within cities

2 Likes

The biggest I’ve seen in Colorado is in Denver and it’s 5 lanes each way. Outside of Denver it’s all two lanes (except for the passes which have a third for semis and slow cars).

1 Like

Oh

Welp, remind me to never consider moving to Europe.

In all honesty, the chances of this ever actually going through are slim to none. 2034 will come around and they’ll push the “deadline” back another 12 years. The world is not, and realistically never will be (at least not in our life times) ready for complete adoption of EVs.

2 Likes

Very well said and realistic

I usually suck at drawing, but I actually managed to do a half decent side-profile sketch of my Outback during AP Gov.

1 Like

shoulda drawn carti tbh

Exactly
Electric won’t work everywhere, like take my Mumbai suburb for example. B.E.S.T deployed a bunch of Olectra K7D’s and Tata Ultra 12m EV’s here to work on all the routes in the area. That failed very badly, with poor efficiency, frequent breakdowns and poor passenger feedback. They had to get 200 Tata CNG buses and some diesel Force buses to replace them, which turned out to be more efficient with fewer breakdowns and better passenger feedback.
And my neighbours own a MG ZS EV, and they say it doesn’t work as well as they expected it to.

EV no work

Oh and they bought a Hyundai Verna because the EV doesn’t work for them.

It’s a Subaru thing