Aviation Incidents On January 5, 2024: Alaska 737 MAX 9 Exit, Silver Airways ATR, B-1, Other Crashes

Only 5 days in to 2024 and we’re now up to 2 separate crashes

3 Likes

2 ATRs just collided today, silly 2024.

Oh wait, there’s another one that took place yesterday, a Super Viking crashed, everyone onboard got killed.

Do you have any links?

2 Likes

well that makes 3 (haven’t seen anything on the ATR collision you mentioned)

no way will we do better than 2023

2 Likes

3 Likes

Yep. Gonna be interesting, lol.

Just found another one for today, a PA-46 crashed, all 4 were killed.

There have been like, 12 crashes this year? More than 10 though for sure.

7 fatal ones if I can count correctly.

Tbh, what do you define as a crash anyways? Does an overrun count as a crash?

Quite recent, happened today like 3 hours ago, the plugged emergency exit blew out of an Alaska MAX 9 at around 15K feet.

@DrNoir @AIDAN101

2 Likes

3 crashes and a few other incidents, that’s like what? 6, 7 total incidents? still a substantial part of the world is on January 5th

3 Likes

What the f*ck?
Last year seemed mostly fine in terms of aviation incidents (the deadliest one was some unknown military crash in Africa) other than some near misses in the US. This year, though…

2 Likes

No, there have been 20+ incidents.

2 Likes

yeah there were quite a few near misses here in the US (I believe the trend is showing it’s on the rise over the last few years, don’t quote me on that)

1 Like

Bad luck for Alaska lmao, first they make a very extremely hard landing, and now the plugged emergency exit blew out.

1 Like

that 738 that has one of its main gears jammed into the wing? i think that one returned to service a week or so ago

1 Like

Just a slight breeze, lmfao.

1 Like

it’s one of the newer maxes of theirs, it’s go the “AL” at the end of the reg number

1 Like

delivered late October

had a good couple of months with the airline before its first incident

1 Like

Today was quite interesting. 2 deadly plane crashes, an ATR ramming into the other one, and a plugged exit blowing out of a plane.

2024 moment.