Aviation Incidents On January 5, 2024: Alaska 737 MAX 9 Exit, Silver Airways ATR, B-1, Other Crashes

makes me wonder what’s in store for the rest of the year

1 Like

Boom.

Oh wow, did Alaska get their first MAX 8?

yep it was delivered last year just a couple of days after xmas, and has been undergoing prep work in KOAK if i’m not mistaken. Its first revenue flights have been possibly scheduled as well, as there’s some listed in flightradar

1 Like

Looks like Alaska grounded all of their MAX 9s

https://www.reuters.com/business/aerospace-defense/us-safety-board-investigating-alaska-airlines-boeing-737-max-9-emergency-landing-2024-01-06/

1 Like

Their MAX 9s appear to be chugging along, although it does look like there’s less up right now (could just be scheduling)

Edit: I do see some articles referring to them grounding each one and only returning them to service after they complete inspections on them, so the planes shown flying could have had their checks completed already (don’t quote me on that though)

1 Like

I’m about to hop on a max 9 :smiling_face:

1 Like

He was never seen again…

The flights that were visible in flightradar24 are now no longer listed, and if they were actually the aircraft’s first revenue flights then they probably postponed entry into service due to the recent MAX 9 incident

1 Like

:smiley:

1 Like

Yeah, I saw that yesterday, forgot to post it here. January 5th has been crazy lmao.

Also 738 without winglets. :heart:

JA13XJ at Chitose…

1 Like

To be fair, there were over 70 incidents on ASN between Jan. 1 2023 ~ Jan 6. 2023.
We’re only at 41 for the same period this year. I think we’re just getting a little too caught up since the Haneda incident.

3 Likes

I mean at this time last year we didn’t have a turbo prop and wide body collide and burn, followed a few days later by a 737 losing a door plug in flight

But yes we’re probably just seeing more of it after the collision, whether it be us looking for it a bit more (I mean we apparently have a dedicated topic for it now) and/or the media pushing aviation incidents a bit more due to the collision in HND. If the media is highlighting more of this due to the collision in HND, the highlight won’t go away soon since the media adores news (especially negative news) surrounding the 737 MAX

3 Likes

Nor did we have a bomber crashing in the meantime

3 Likes

Or a famous actor getting killed in a crash.

4 Likes

That being the first hull loss accident of the A350 and the first by JAL since 1985…

3 Likes

All those too

Just lots of crashes and disaster not even a week in to the year compared to the same time frame a year ago

sorry, crazy night, UA cancelled our flight. They rebooked us (6 of us going to GRR) on the nonstop on American. I didn’t die tho :grin:

4 Likes

Hmm, did they give you a window seat? :pleading_face: