An Exciting Time For Aviation in Barbados!

Oh U meant tourists :skull: I thought u meant population :sob:

1 Like

We’ve lost most of our cruise ships due to Covid, had a few last summer but they were not 2 popular, now we r getting a lot more this year but u guys recovers from. Rona quicker so u probably have more yeah, doesn’t mean ur better tho

1 Like

same

interesting

nah they just made new restrictions for all the tourists in december

definitely

we have some areas to touch up on

We just got some lifted

1 Like

Yeah, more cruise tourists than plane tourists. First time in a while since that’s happened

1 Like

hm

the government here used to do Air to Sea so it was slightly balanced for the most part

Ours wasn’t we used to have a big amount of flights in the summer. I’ll list some route that haven’t/ will not return:

Delta: KBOS-TXKF (delta has said themselves that they won’t bring it back)

AA: JFK-BDA (hasn’t operated since March 2020 and probably won’t come back since AA seems to favor LGA now)

AA: LGA-BDA ( might come back in July I dont know yet, doubt it though)

AA: DCA-BDA (probably won’t come back)

Air Canada: YYZ-BDA (we got switched to rouge :frowning: )

Westjet: YYZ-BDA (they just stopped)

JetBlue: JFK-BDA and BOS-BDA (just announced that both routes will be seasonal for the first time ever, which sucks cause that means I’ll have to fly delta or even worse, AA, home from school)

British Airways: LGW-BDA (not canceled but more of an upgrade. When service came back in June 2020 it flew from LHR instead which is a huge upgrade as it makes flying to Asia and Africa cheaper)

AA: CHS-BDA (route CLT canceled 6 months before Covid cause it sucked but I’m putting it here anyways)

AA: MIA-BDA (not canceled but AA seems to only operate it during the summer and it used to be year round which sucks cause they want us to fly though CLT)

AA: PHL-BDA (year round to seasonal, same garbage airline)

1 Like

After all of that we gained one new route:

Azores Airlines: PDL-BDA (summer seasonal only but it started after Covid so it counts, also first new route east of bda in about 20 years

Also cargo jet upgraded forms 757-200 to a 767-200.

And of course there is always the hope that coral jet actually starts up. They’ll bring 5-10 routes to bda at least

1 Like

omg i finally get to update this place it almost closed

CONDOR

Condor makes a return this season with the 767-300. Starting November 3rd, 2022, There will be flights from Dusseldorf to Barbados. The Flight number the flight will carry is DE 3755.

I’ll add the pictures later I’m not at home

DOWNGRADES

Eurowings Discover

Eurowings Discover has cut majority of its flights to Barbados. It is expected to return on December 15. Other destinations like Montego Bay and Puerto Plata received the same treatment.

UPGRADES

British Airways

It has been reported that from March to April 16, the number of BGI-LGW flights will increase, due to more demand.

we got downgraded again cause the 767-200 kept breaking lol

1 Like

retire it

1 Like

at this point I think they may have already, it was like 50 years old

1 Like

Impossible.
The 767 came out in 1981. The oldest 767 in Cargojet’s fleet is C-FGAJ, built in April 1985, 37.5 years ago.

2 Likes

it was through 21 air, I also don’t know for sure how old it was, it was a guess

1 Like

Still, 21 Air’s oldest 767 was delivered in September 1983. It’s currently 39.3 years old.

2 Likes

And the 767 only came out 41 years ago.

3 Likes

Guess

1 Like

we getting them back in a month

I was wrong. they start on the third and I’m flying this route

sadly true

mia comes back on the third

ends on the 3rd

ends by then end of October.

even rouge stops service in November when west jet comes in