World Flying Community Off-Topic Discussion (Part 2)

I don’t see how split scimitars would work on a B757.

1 Like

Preferably a 757-X, that way they could make it in around 5 years…only 2 years behind the XLR

1 Like

So Boeing has reworked the B737, B747 and next the B757?

1 Like

777X noises Intensify

1 Like

Then the B767, then the B787.

See, I think what Boeing does is make a 757-X as the NMA and then they make the 797 similar to the A220 or so

1 Like

The 787 is the 767 replacement though…compare the 787-8 and 767-300

1 Like

I’m so confused right now.

Why? Just talking about Boeing’s future aircraft

Nothing will be able to replace the B767-300ER

Yeah true…but the 787-8 is ideal

1 Like

That’s exactly why I’m confused.

1 Like

See, the MAX will be produced for around 20 to 25 years, the 777-X would be produced until around the same time as well I would say

I’ve never flown the -8. I’ve flown the -9s, and they ain’t bad.

Mate, the 787 is incredible. That aircraft brought Boeing ahead in the wide body market, Airbus has definetly taken a back seat in the wide body market when compared to Boeing

1 Like

The 787 is awesome. American and Air Canada have a few here in KSAT for storage and maintenance and every once in awhile one of them goes and flies around San Antonio for a couple of hours then lands again. It’s a awesome aircraft.

Super cool to fly on also.

1 Like

In the last 30 years, Airbus has built the A330, A340, A350, and A380. The A340 and A380 programs are just…in the dumps. A330 and A350 are decent.

Meanwhile, we have seen the 767, 777, 747, and 787, all of which I would call a resounding success for Boeing.

Meanwhile in France:

1 Like

:angry:

1 Like

See, back in the early 2000s both Airbus and Boeing saw different aviation paths. Airbus saw hub to hub while Boeing saw Point to Point. This lead to the A380 and 787 programs respectively. One of these have outsold the other one 6 to 1 the Boeing 787 truly showed what Boeing could do.

1 Like