World Flying Community Off-Topic Discussion (Part 19)

Me who chooses routes based on plane type:

I mean if the MAX 9 groundings persist long enough and we get to the booking process, that could play a role in choosing who we’re going with

Back to the examples; Alaska uses the MAX 9 on MCO routes (at least from SEA) so if the thing isn’t flying are we really going to bet money on it being there, and if it isn’t a -900 being available. Also impacts travel with United as well, but seemingly not as much with our destinations. Especially LIH for all of them

1 Like

Fly on the pencil.

The 757? I kinda hope so before they’re gone

The only feasible one for me is to hop over to DEN and catch a 757 over to LIH. Especially since United’s have the RB211s

1 Like

RB211 > PW.

But yeah, you can also go to @KTJ_Mitchell and fly a 777 from there to MCO.

Pretty sure there are also 777s and 757s that fly from LAX to Hawaii, I don’t know anything about LIH though.

2 Likes

That’d be a third flight, as we don’t have a direct connection to ORD. my family doesn’t want to do more than 2

Hmmm…

Well, you better get a window seat.

LIH is full of MAX and NEOs, only DEN seems to send the 75s there nowadays

You bet I’ll be gunning for it, come seat booking day

Out of all my family I’m probably the one who’d actually have a preference, being the only aviation enthusiast

1 Like

Yeah me too, although I’m the one that books the flights so I’d be doing it automatically I guess, lol.

1 Like

I don’t have ultimate authority, final say, over the family trips- I’m merely a flight advisor/researcher

I haven’t had a problem in the past specifying what row (rather important (to me) so far for the Q400’s engine in the way and the E175’s misaligned windows) and seat I’d want so I’m not worried

2 Likes

We’ve all been there before…

2 Likes

Me who books based on cheap:

1 Like

https://simpleflying.com/lufthansa-airbus-a321-catering-truck-collision/
Not again…

Avgeekn’t. /s

1 Like

Broke racing driver vibes

1 Like

Yep, there we go, found it.

2 Likes

that’s what me and my family have historically gone with - whoever has the lower price. Although budget airlines haven’t been appealing to them, so there is a limit on how low it can go

2 Likes

Did a bit of drifting with my friend after work and stuffed my Toyota into a snow bank. Had some solid drifts though before slightly overcooking it at about 15mph, spinning back uphill and being stopped by some powder.

(Yes, I unironically like euroboeat)

5 Likes

Car.