United Teases Announcement For December 1

United Teases Announcement For December 1

Source
Let me start out with a letter…

Dear United
Us aviation enthusiasts would like to ask you to stop teasing announcements and making us wait.
Sincerely, WFC

But in all seriousness, United has made year another video (posted on Instagram) saying that they plan to make a huge “groundbreaking” announcement, tomorrow, December 1, 2021.

Now, we have seen United do this many many times. We’ve seen the supersonic, new routes, and more.

The announcement teases that it will be “cool” for the aviation industry. They also claim that it will be a “first” in the industry. And I quote “history will be made” they say in their announcement.

Ooooo United really is trying to make me exited, aren’t they? Anyways, what do you think United is announcing, and we will be able to track it together!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CW6UEZPDITV/?utm_medium=copy_link

5 Likes

Maybe the E2?

1 Like

Launch customer for Boeing 797 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Now you got my hopes up! :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

Me.too, I’m a fan of the E series

3 Likes

ewbraer

2 Likes

this right here

1 Like

Hmm…

4 Likes

Maybe it is United Cargo?

2 Likes

Maybe a completely SAF flight?

2 Likes

What I was about to say

1 Like

sus tainable fuel I’m guessing

5 Likes

‘SAFe’, it’s probably going to be SAF-related.

1 Like

Probably will be like Lufthansa and pay big bucks towards SAF. Then have a fully SAF flight.

2 Likes

Well, the aircraft has been in ORD for over two days. If it’s a SAF flight, which I am 99% sure it is, the aircraft likely adopted some modifications and endured testing during its time on the ground.

Besides her two-day LOA, I don’t see anything of concern for N77259, the aircraft scheduled to fly ORD-DCA tomorrow. She’s headed to IAD on December 2nd, presumably for regular service.

For the flight itself, I think it’ll be a semi-SAF flight. I suspect only one engine will run on SAF, and I don’t think it will be anything too special. Maybe we’ll see UAL place an order for a new aircraft, like the 777X, or nothing at all.

The Star Wars-like music is quite intriguing, however. It’s giving me N36272 vibes.

2 Likes

Random shot in the dark but… a new flight to GJT??

1 Like

New livery confirmed!

The flight will be United 2701 and it is confirmed to have 50% SAF… the right engine 100% on SAF. Flying from ORD-DCA.

6 Likes

Really groundbreaking and a first for the industry that

2 Likes

Boeing and Alaska Airlines: Sue

2 Likes

Knew they would do it, competing with Alaska I see

1 Like