The Last Ever Delta | 01/09/22 Spotting @GJT

Yes, I am aware that this is exactly two months late. I was too lazy to pull the pictures off my camera.

Welp, Delta had announced back in December that after over 30yrs of service, SLC-GJT would be no more. So, after driving all the way up to Aspen just to realize that I forgot my snowboarding pants, I drove back home and broke out the ol’ Canon to go get some photos of the second to last ever Delta CRJ in Grand Junction.

Starting off, we’ve got an Allegiant A319 on arrival from Orange County SNA, another route that we recently lost.

Next up, is a UA CRJ2 tail bearing the Colorado area code registration, N970SW, sitting under the largest Flat Top in the world. Fitting for a flight that never leaves the 970 region.

Another DEN bound CRJ2, this time wearing the Sky West livery.

Just some of the many GAs that litter the GJ airspace. We may not get many airliners, but the piston aircraft come in fast and thick.

Finally, the star of the day. The reason why I spent 4hrs in a car over the course of the day: the DL CRJ:

R.I.P GJT-SLC. You will be missed.

Thanks for viewing!

Favorite?

0 voters

8 Likes

Yay SNA made an appearance

2 Likes

At least I’m pretty sure it was SNA. Let’s just go with that though.

2 Likes

@DeltaDev13 look, Allegiant!

L for GJT :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:, nice shots Brody!

3 Likes

Nice catches

1 Like

Thanks. Hopefully some day we’ll get a bit more traffic diversity (and frequency lol).

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.