Thank You Robin Hayes, JetBlue CEO Steps Down, Joanna Geraghty Takes Charge

Thank You Robin Hayes

IMG_1461
Source: JetBlue

Robin Hayes has been the CEO at JetBlue since 2015, and has brought the airline through some of its most major growth ambitions in the airlines history. Today, it has been announced that he will step down, giving Joanna Geraghty the position of CEO at JetBlue Airways, being the first woman to lead a major US airline.

IMG_1462
Source: FR24

See below a list of some of the major accomplishments the airline has made under the leadership of Hayes.

• Started service from JFK and BOS to EDI, LHR, LGW, CDG, AMS, DUB.
  • Attempted purchase of Spirit (in trial) and Virgin America.
  • Led the airline through the COVID pandemic.
  • Moved west coast hub from LGB to LAX.
  • Funded FLL and JFK expansion project.
  • Took on A220s and A321neos.
  • Expanded the Mint program.
  • Retrofitted over 100 A320s.
  • Introduced the new livery.

After almost 9 years of service, thank you, Robin Hayes, for leading JetBlue to be the carrier it is today!

Looking forward, Geraghty will continue to lead the airline as CEO, as the first female CEO of any US airline. She also has worked closely with Hayes, as COO. She has also been painted as the “face” of the company more than Hayes, in general, and she promises to bring many interesting developments.

Under her reign, we will likely get the decision of the court on the Spirit trial. We might also see some new development under her leadership.

Overall, I am excited to see what she has to bring to the company!

“I’m so proud of what we’ve accomplished over the last 20-plus years, and I am looking forward to building on this momentum as we execute on our strategic initiatives, return to profitable growth, and generate sustainable value for our shareholders and all our stakeholders.” - Geraghty

IMG_1463

Source: Business Insider

4 Likes

Honestly, I dunno know what to expect, I hope she’s the same level as Robin.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.