Spirit Ends Talks With Frontier, Chooses To Merge With JetBlue Instead

I mean jetblue flies to bda and spirit doesn’t so I’d much rather have this happen

Don’t care what other people say, I still strongly believe the main motivating factor for Jetblue’s bid is a plane and pilot grab.

4 Likes
2 Likes

StateMint, lmao. :laughing:

Oh it’s 100% a resources grab. With the world wide shortage of pilots and the trickle pf planes being produced, this was a prime opportunity for them to stock up on both.

I still think that the removal of a ULCC will cause that market segment to get even more expensive. Even though Spirit would have been dissolved with Frontier, it would have just created a larger ULCC, rather than expanding a Hybrid carrier.

2 Likes

Me hoping the DOJ actually does their job when it comes to anti-trust for once

2 Likes

Same. I think they should have to choose between expanding themselves or staying partners with AA.

If the DOJ does block the deal, it could mean another chance for Frontier despite the fact that they supposedly ended negotiations.

3 Likes

DOJ: whats anti-trust

I’m pretty sure it’s for west coast routes, JetBlue doesn’t give af about pilot grabs, that’s what the college programs are for

They will probably ditch AA

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.