Should I still fly on a US airline during world conflicts?

I’d avoid Ryanair too, I heard terrorists don’t like people named Ryan

3 Likes

Just don’t go spotting in Dubai. :skull:

pic goes so bazerk

1 Like

FFDO’s are funny people.

Despite predictions by opponents of the program of widespread incidents and accidents resulting from very large numbers of pilots carrying firearms in the cockpit, there have been no more reports of such events than any other law enforcement agencies. The only serious incidents have been caused by TSA protocols that have since been abandoned.

On March 24, 2008, a US Airways FFDO’s gun went off on Flight 1536 from Denver to Charlotte, North Carolina. No one was injured and the aircraft landed safely.[5] According to the FFDO, the gun fired while he was trying to stow it. The bullet went through the side of the cockpit and tore a small hole in the exterior of the plane. The plane was pulled from service for repairs.[6]

On January 13, 2011, a JetBlue FFDO’s bag carrying his gun was accidentally picked up by a passenger flying to West Palm Beach, Florida. When the passenger realized the bag wasn’t hers, she notified a flight attendant. The FFDO’s firearm was appropriately locked and secured and could not have been accessed or fired even if found.[7]

In June 2015, a United Airlines FFDO threw live ammunition in the trash before eventually deciding to flush it down the lavatory toilet on an international flight from Houston to Munich.[8]

In February 2017, a Southwest Airlines FFDO disembarked a plane in Phoenix, Arizona, leaving a loaded firearm unattended in the cockpit, after the FFDO was accused by a flight attendant of watching footage from a camera hidden in the airplane’s lavatory.[9]

1 beautiful 757/767
2 That is AWESOME

There are security measures onboard for this. Flight attendants are trained, and the there’s no way they would be given access to the flight deck.

Thanks for the reassurance, but seeing what happened on the Alaska flight, would something like that be possible?

considering it happened, yes it’s possible but it’s highly unlikely. you don’t hear about a new flight everyday having the same problem.

Before the Alaska flight incident, there was a Germanwings flight in like 2016 or so who did have one of the pilots lock the other out, hijack it, and crash it

There was of course Alaska’s own Q400 that was hijacked, and chased by F15s (how could I forget this part), before it crashed but that wasn’t a scheduled flight at all

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.