School Help | Homework Help | Advice

Yeah, and there are a bunch of options for these AP courses, 38 to be exact. Everything ranging from Biology and Calculus to Macroeconomics and Mechanical Physics

1 Like

Oh
Which one did you choose?

1 Like

This year I’m doing AP US History, last year I took AP Human Geography (great news, I got the college credit for this class!), and next year I will be in AP Macroeconomics, AP Government, and AP English Language and Composition

1 Like

Oh nice

1 Like

Yup. My plan for Senior year (Year 12) is going to be AP English Literature and Composition, AP Calculus AB, and AP Physics 1 & 2,

1 Like

Oh.

This is not included in Maths?

1 Like

My school only offers one freshmen AP course (AP Human Geography) but next year I’ll take what I can.

1 Like

It’s kinda odd how my school works with mathematics:

Year 9 you take Algebra 1
Year 10 you take Geometry
Year 11 you take Algebra / Pre-Calculus
Year 12 you don’t have to take a math class, but if you want to go to college your taking a math class

1 Like

Yeah, same here, I wonder why it is that of all reasons, like seriously, I’m pretty sure 9th graders have more interest in just about anything except Demographics lol

That’s how my school works, but I’m two years ahead of everything. I’m taking algebra 2 in ninth grade.

To be totally honest I find the class the most interesting out of any of my required classes. Love my teacher too so that’s a big bonus. I’m a big geography guy, so it’s interesting.

Eh, I find APUSH more interesting. APHG was just fill out packets on demographic trends and stuff and then take a test and then move onto a new unit

Then again History and Geography are my thing, and I have qualifications to back it up

That’s much different in my class. We don’t really do packets. We’ll have one review packet to do with the start of each unit, but most the time we are just in class taking notes. But my teacher has fun with us from time to time so I enjoy it. Plus he makes what he talks about pretty interesting.

oh

So wish I had that, in my class last year our unit packets looked like this:

An overall 7-8 page unit packet you would be expected to do over the course of the 3-4 week unit

2 or 3 3-4 page packets for specific lessons in the textbook

And a final 6-7 page review packet before the test

1 Like

oh

1 Like

It sucked.

1 Like

ooof

1 Like

My school is built different.

If you take Algebra 1 8th grade:

9th- Geometry
10th- Algebra 2
11th - pre cal
12th- Calculus (optional, but if you want any chance of looking good on a college application you take this)
If you take regular 8th grade math:

9th- Algebra 1
10th- Geometry
11th- Algebra 2
12th- pre cal

2 Likes