Pronoun field in profile

hello WFC,

I am requesting that a pronoun field be added as an optional drop box in the profile of a user. This would enable other users to correctly refer to people rather than have to look on other forums. This has already been done on the IFC which is also a discourse - based community so it’s certainly possible and shouldn’t be too much of a developmental challenge

I’m voting for this because it would be a lot easier to refer to people.

I honestly think this is a solution to a problem that doesn’t really exist. Even if we added them, I don’t think people would look.

Typically, the only reason we would need to know is when referring to “him” or “her” etc…

Its much easier to just refer with “they/them” instead of adding a whole new profile system. Then, people can reveal their preferences if they chose and aren’t pressured during the sign up phase. Some scenarios:

“Welcome [inser user name]!”

“I think they were referring to…”

“The OP was talking about…”

Etc etc…

Not to mention literally everyone here knows one an other and so there is no purpose regardless of the above lmaooo

2 Likes

Not to mention nearly everyone on here is Male

4 Likes

True, however I really don’t see what’s so hard about adding it, and I think it’s better to have a solution before a problem appears than having a problem without a solution.

3 Likes

Feature approved and added :tada::partying_face: