Ocean Liners or Cruise Ships?

Partially inspired by Cruise Ships Debate.

So do y’all prefer ocean liners like the RMS Titanic or the SS Normandie (they’re mostly gone not the only one around the the Queen Mary 2), or do you prefer cruise ships (you know, the ones that are actually still around)?

Depends

Ocean Liners seem more cool, but I’ve only been on cruise ships (actually traveling).

Ocean liners though.

1 Like

My dream trip is a transatlantic on Queen Mary 2.

Much more elegant than the floating amusement parks modern cruise ships are. Ocean liners just have that 1910’s - 1940’s feel that can’t be beaten in my opinion.

1 Like

Yeah the huge cruise ships today are lame

Queen Mary is an awesome liner

2 Likes

Wish she were still sailing, absolutely beautiful ship.

1 Like

The city of Long Beach was talking about spending the money to refurbish it, sink it and make it a reef, or sell it to another museum

It’s like you spent the money to buy it in the first place, you get enough revenue, so pay for the refurbishment :man_facepalming:t3:

1 Like

As far as I’m aware, there are three ocean liners still around. The Queen Mary, Queen Elizabeth, and Queen Mary 2. If they sink the Queen Mary to make a reef I will start a riot, such a horrible way to go for such a majestic ship.

Better than being scrapped I guess…

1 Like

The fact that the QE2 is gone sucks

1 Like

I’m pretty sure the Queen Elizabeth 2 is docked in Dubai as a hotel/museum.

As a person who has been on a whole bunch of cruises: Cruises are superior

1 Like

Uh, the biggest boat I’ve been on was a car ferry in the USVI.

1 Like

Mine was the Coral Princess

We don’t like big cruise ships. Smaller ones are more personal and fun

3 Likes

Ah Princess, went on Grand Princess in Alaska, decent ship. Definitely a change from DCL and RCI

1 Like

Biggest one I’ve been on was the MV Malaspina if I remember correctly, it was a ferry up in Alaska.

Ocean Liners: Transporting people to somewhere
Cruise Ship: Goes back to start point, travellers only

1 Like

neither, those mfs are a guaranteed way to catch covid and quarantine at the destination

1 Like

its far better, just learn how to scuba dive lmao

1 Like

Well I didn’t :sunglasses:

1 Like

That is happening a lot

And you have to be fully vaxxed to go on one in the US and they’re still getting covid so…

1 Like

yeh cause its a whole new strain

1 Like