MFS vs. Real Life, 6 things that are Wrong

Welcome to my first (official) post on the WFC! Hope you enjoy my love for this community and for MFS (didn’t forget you IF)

———————-

For all you MFS geeks, I will show you an in-depth tour about the actual differences between this jaw-dropping video (https://youtu.be/BgSjTE71Y2g).

To say, first off MFS is incredibly realistic, and looks almost like real life. But today I want to see what big differences there are, and how you can notice them.

The video is of the “Quite Bridge Visual” approach into SFO’s runway 28L

https://youtu.be/BgSjTE71Y2

The first one:

There is no windshield wiper in MFS :confused:

Number 2:

This one is very complicated ; we first can assume that the grass strip(highlighted in green) is unilateral attached to the transformation of a crosshair to the y-axis. Which is in reference of the slope of said strip.
To make this easier to visualize I added a triangle to show the relation ship between both. The hypotenuse of triagnle is equal to the tan (θ) of the sin (crosshair coordinates)
If we plug-in all the numbers we come with a direct variation of both coming between ,2 degrees (to the horizon)

TL; DR the whole world is skewed by ,02 degrees.

(English is not my first language, so correct me for any wrong math terms.)

Number 3:

Where’s the rocks off the coastline?

Number 4:

Lights shouldn’t be visible form this far (LED specification)

Number 5:

Not enough wood striped, and no rocks on the the beach.

Number 6:

Lights on the arrow should be on the bottom, not in the middle. There are no markings of the previous runway paint.

Thanks you all for viewing!

• Keep making Topics like this
  • Stop making Topics like this
0 voters

Can you find even more? Comment them below.

10 Likes

Nice info. But this is getting picky

3 Likes

Not trying to get picky. I would love if MFS wouldn’t change a thing. I looked and highlighted the diffrences, to show MFS geeks like myself what goes around in the code.

1 Like

I would never have the patience to do this, lol. Well done! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Wow we got a Investigator in the forum. :wink:

3 Likes

Geez, look at the detailing level of this! There obviously are mistakes but it is GORGEOUS!

1 Like

I’m the last photo I couldn’t tell the difference, only the clouds.

3 Likes

No. 1 and 2 are because the camera is in the different position

Hehe I bump

1. Was that there was no wiper, as I now play MSFS, there still isn’t a wiper
  2. Was the angle of the beachhead in retrospect to the plane, taking into account difference (basically FOV difference)