Lost Bags? Not Anymore!

Lost Bags? Not Anymore!

What’s the Fuss?

There’s no denying that United Airlines is notorious for losing baggage. However, as of last week, this has changed.

Opening a brand new, state-of-the-art system, United Airlines has revolutionized its way of transporting baggage through the airport.

Kicked off at Houston’s International Airport (IAH/KIAH), over six miles worth of conveyors will take your bag from the check-in counter to the gate in as little as six minutes. Yes, you heard that right. Six minutes!

What to Know

• When complete, this new system will contain 6 miles worth of conveyors. The conveyors will run up to 340 feet per minute.

• The new technology will be able to process 10,000 bags per hour.

• Featuring a brand new baggage control room, this system is on par with technology currently used at both Dubai International Airport (DXB/OMDB) and Incheon International Airport (ICN/RKSI).

• The expansion of flights are possible without needing additional real estate.

• The new scanner system increases accuracy by 25%

• With advanced technology, the ability to reroute bags without manual intervention, ensuring bags get onto the correct flight, is now possible.

• Stand-alone building.

• Ability to store 3300 bags.

• Improve retrieval times at customer request.

Additional Info

Currently, the new system is operating at 33% capacity, and phase two of the construction will begin in January 2021, allowing United Airlines to process even more bags. If construction remains on point, the new system should be fully operational by mid-2022.

4 Likes

Bruh great news

Maybe y’all will start to fly United again, lol.

As long as passengers aren’t flying out the windows there doing good

1 Like

That was Southwest, not United.

1 Like

Its a great idea. But but but, something will go wrong

you mean passengers not getting dragged off the plane

1 Like

Sounds interesting, but if I remember correctly, they tried something like this at DEN after the current airport was just built and it went horribly wrong.

Ya think:no_shoot: :roll_eyes:

United needs to get better by 99.999%, so this will only help a fraction of their problems

Wait. I thought Delta was notorious for losing baggage

3 Likes

Aren’t all Anerican-based airlines notorious for losing baggage?

To be fair, there’s a few that exceed the others

Airline bag ranking (Zac’s definite official opinions that are not bias at all)

Least Lost Luggage

1. Alaska
  2. Southwest
  3. JetBlue
  4. Delta
  5. Allegiant
  6. Spirit
  7. United
  8. American
  9. Frontier

Most Lost Luggage

I have never had any bags lost on American
Or any airline really lol

No not really
Haven’t heard about it other than Delta

Legend says my tablet that I lost at KCLT is still in the managers office

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.