Los Angeles Adds 15 New Gates In Latest Airport Expansion

Los Angeles Adds 15 New Gates In Latest Airport Expansion

(Source linked below)

Los Angeles international airport has added 15 new gates in a large expansion of the TBIT (Tom Bradley Intl. Terminal) in hopes to add more gates for the upcoming surge of international passengers as the world recovers from the novel Coronavirus.

The new gate area will include 15 new gates, five levels, and will serve domestic as well as international passengers. The airport says “The new gates were designed around a modern, digitally based travel experience and offer numerous comfortable seating options, with thousands of places to plug in, while accessing next-generation wireless internet, touchscreen kiosks and the most advanced baggage handling and boarding systems of any airport in the United States today.”

“This is the first mega-project at LAX under the leadership and vision of Mayor Garcetti, working with our City Council and our Board, to build a world-class airport – one that will redefine our airport experience,” said Justin Erbacci, Chief Executive Officer, Los Angeles World Airports (LAWA). “We are delivering fully modernized terminals, new technology and guest services, and improved connections to our regional transportation system and investing in infrastructure that creates a more resilient airport and an even stronger economic engine for Los Angeles.”

Below, I will attach some photos of some renderings of what the new terminal will be looking like. Construction began in 2016.

https://www.lawa.org/news-releases/2021/news-release-022

2 Likes

Part 1 expansion for 2028 Summer Games completed.
Now for Terminal 0 and 9 lol

1 Like

They’re going to start running out of numbers :joy:

By the time 2030 rolls around, there’s going to be more terminals at LAX then types of apple phones.

1 Like

TBIT, you say?

Well let’s let Frontier use it lol

Hopefully not it’s too crazy there as it is :joy:
Also T0 is just an expansion of T1, idk why they wouldn’t just call it T1

pLaGaRiSm!

oH nO!

I saw it the last time we arrived in KLAX. It’s a work of art.

All I see there is American Airlines.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.