LF Wade International Airport new Terminal!

Ok this came as a surprise to me today, I did not think that it would be ready before 2021. Turns out that it is being opened on the 9th of December of this year!

This means that the old terminal will close to pass get service forever after the last flight arrives on the 8th of December. However I’m not Sad because the old terminal was really bad, it’s gonna end up being nostalgic in 10 something years though.

So what does this mean? This means that the airport design team could start work on adding the new terminal to the game soon for Infinite flight, It also means that Bermudians and tourists won’t have to deal with the lower floors of the airport flooding every 4 months and after every hurricane as they designed the New Terminal with that in mind.

If I get to fly to America for Christmas break I will make a trip report on the new terminal but because of covid that’s all up on the table.

That’s all from me, adios.

6 Likes

That design looks amazing!

1 Like

Wow, what a difference. The new terminal looks very sleek. The old Delta livery, though. Damn. Where has time gone? :pleading_face:

3 Likes

Yeah, I believe the second photo was taken in 2009

1 Like

I love LF Wade so much it is a really nice airport.

1 Like

That nice!! :grin::grin::grin:

1 Like

Probably wasn’t supposed to be. A similar thing happened/is happening with the new Salt Lake. They planned for it to be completed in 2024 but thanks to COVID and low passenger numbers, they are now saying that 2022 is a more realistic date. I’m going to assume that that’s what happened here too.

1 Like

The thing is that it was supposed to be completed by June 2020 before covid, they gave us that estimate in February, So it was meant to be ready, but it got delayed Till December due to a month of quarantine where the site was closed to everyone and then shipping delays because of covid

Very cool!
Now to wait for Grand Cayman’s terminal expansion :joy:
On a second note, that would be a cool route.
Cayman - Bermuda

1 Like

yes it would be quite cool, although it would probably be on a a220 or an e190 and it would most likley be seasonal due to the fact that bermuda is only cared about in the summer

1 Like

A220 is the worst :unamused:
Angry A220 cult shows up
Lol jk

I would add the terminal in the IFAET, but there isn’t imagery

1 Like

I actually want to fly here!

2 Likes

It’s already in Infinite Flight, I’ve been there about 25 times already

2 Likes

The new terminal is not there

2 Likes

The New Terminal is known as the north gates In Infinite flight, The south gates are in the old terminal

1 Like

Oh ok

I didn’t see that

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.