Helena Airport will close its runway for 8 days in June

This morning I was sent this article by a family member of mine and I h the thought that I would spread the news. That the Helena Regional Airport in Montana will close its runway 9/27 which is the main runway for all departing and landing airplanes.

The reason for the closure is because of a $10.8 million maintenance project that will make sure the runway is safe for another 20 years.

The runway will be closed through June 6th-13th and the project will start with reconstructing the 2,700ft of runway of the eastern half of the runway of which airlines will still be able safely. General Aviation traffic will not be affected by the closure and can use the the other two runways 35/17 and 23/5.

Thank you for taking a look at my topic and have a great day or night!

4 Likes

Do you have the article or an article to link?

1 Like

Oh I do but I forgot to put it in.

1 Like

Oh ok lol
Just make sure to add it

1 Like

I just added it!

1 Like

Dang that’s crazy. I know PSP repaved both runways at the same time and had ALL flights land on the taxiway :joy:
Didn’t think the pavement was strong enough to handle the aircraft but apparently it was. Might’ve been a former runway idk

1 Like

One good thing about SNA not operating 24/7: all runway work is done at night lol

1 Like

Lol I thought it said St. Helena for a sec

1 Like

h

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.