Gas (petrol) vs Electric Vehicles

This is a debate about gas/diesel vs electric powered vehicles.

Rules

• Don’t bring politics into the debate (that’s the only rule)

Petrol vs. Electric
  • Petrol/diesel
  • Electric

0 voters

1 Like

Depends if you want it regular only. I would say move it but depends on whether you would prefer it to be regulars only

1 Like

I’d like to see it as all, but I figured post here first to see what happens.

1 Like

It’s public now, so let the debating begin.

1 Like

I personally would choose to have electric cars for their immense benefit on Global warming, By not using fossil fuels. Aside from that they are also (mostly) equipped with newer and safer technologies.

3 Likes

I’m assuming you mean things such as collision avoidance and such?

The way I see it, if you need a computer correcting your every move to be able to drive, then you simply shouldn’t be driving, period.

I like being able to go unlimited places and not rely on a power station (which can be scarce) and have to wait hours in order for the car to be fully charged to only go a couple hundred miles until you have to stop again
Plus cars today are much cleaner than they used to be

1 Like

I’ll definitely take 5mins at a pump over 2hrs at a power outlet.

1 Like

Both good points, but you have to look at the effect on global warming. Our future is not going to be petrol cars. Sure, they might be easier to use and all. But soon, we’re not gonna have to worry about these long charging problems, as there’s going to be more charging stations and they are going to charge much much faster as technology improves.

We also have the fact that gas stations will start to go out of business and switch to electric stations for cars. Plus, electric cars can charge at your house overnight, eliminating the use for even having to go to gas stations in the first place.

2 Likes

Yeah true
But coal and nuclear are the main producers of electricity so there’s still carbon footprint
But nuclear is super clean and cheap so that’s good lol
Here in CA there are places where each intersection has a gas station :joy:

1 Like

Nuclear cannot make gas. Nuclear makes electricity. The only thing that can make gas is actual gas that has to be taken from the ground in other parts of the world

I meant that as in for electricity
Like coal is used a lot for electricity, so it kinda defeats the whole purpose of no carbon emissions when coal is widely used for electrical grids

Electric

I Know it takes ages to charge but u can do overnight

Unfortunately there are almost no electric cars in Brazil and the cost A LOT

1 Like

Just wait for the next ice age
Lol

2 Likes

Petrol/ Diesel for the noise

1 Like