France Becomes The First Country In The World To Ban Domestic Flights Under 2:30h

Starting from this April, France will become the first country from the European Block to ban domestic flights, reachable by train under 2:30 hours.
The french government aims for its citizens to rely more on the high speed TGV trains France benefits from, on internal journeys.
It was also disclosed how this measure follows to reduce CO2 emissions and drive people towards travelling in a more economical way.
Flights to Lyon or Nantes are amongst the ones who are targeted to get sanctioned with their forever cancelation. However, flights to Toulouse, Nice or Marseille, where a train journey can take over 8 hours or more, are expected to remain operative as normal.
Similar moves were also taken in sight by countries like Germany or Spain.

https://simpleflying.com/france-domestic-flight-ban-april-2022/amp/

7 Likes

crikey

2 Likes

Now this is dumb

7 Likes

The dumbest decision ever taken by a country. Why would you limit someone’s ability to choose from the various available transport ways just to “reduce” CO2 emissions. It’s bullsh*it.

1 Like

There is no one there to restrain me from choosing my waysđź« 

1 Like

Flying by plane is by far the safest way to travel. Plus, after this stoppage Air France’s stock is going to go down and they can lose millions or even close to billions of dollars from this change. If I’m Air France, I’m appealing this

3 Likes

Not only Air France, but also EasyJet, Transavia and even maybe Ryanair.

1 Like

They only did this because they couldn’t meet their own Paris Climate Accord goals and were called out for it :joy:

1 Like

RIP HOP! airlines

3 Likes

Fine print:
Only applies to mainline fleets

I wouldn’t be surprised if that happened :joy:
These “climate activists” only want to appear to do the right thing, and then proceed to fly everywhere on their private jets

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.