Colorized Photos

Is it just me or do colorized photos bring a photo to life? Like seriously, you take an old worn-out black and white photo, add a little color, and it looks like it was taken yesterday. It’s a thing of pure magic.

Take this photo of 1920’s Chicago for instance:
See what I mean?

There are tons of AI’s online if you fancy bringing an old photo back to life. Not to advertise, but I personally use Hotpot.ai.

I’ll try to post at least a few photos every day, with varying locations or subjects, with a short background to some of the photos. I have a disclaimer here so don’t think I’m trying to spam this thread with like 50 posts a day, I’m looking at you @PlanesAndGames.

3 Likes

Damn that’s actually really impressive

1 Like

German torpedo boat T21:

Photo Credits: Wikipedia

2 Likes

Convair XB-46

2 Likes

Dayum that’s amazing.

1 Like

I am being silenced.

1 Like

Bruh I didn’t even do anything. :moyai:

1 Like

I am being silenced, free the mandem.

1 Like

I believe these are from the construction of the Empire State Building if my research serves me right…

Photo Credit

Photo Credit

2 Likes

Taken in Times Square during a snowstorm in 1936. For some reason I find reading all the signs and billboards very entertaining. Just me? Probably…

Photo Credit

Another snowstorm, this time in December of 1948:

Photo Credit

2 Likes

ayo?

1 Like

Customers sitting along the counter of probably the most American thing possible, an old diner. This one is from 1950.

Photo Credit

Back when hamburgers were 49¢… Again circa 1950’s.

2 Likes

Somewhere, sometime, in WWI…

Photo Credit

Two soldiers in the trenches of the western front.

Photo Credit

2 Likes

When you could use pennies :skull:

2 Likes

When coins were actually worth something more than a collectors item.

1 Like

I still use quarters.

2 Likes

The true hero of our generation.

2 Likes

The Singer Building in 1907. Despite being an icon of New York City, the Singer Building would be demolished 60 years later from ‘67 - ‘69.

Photo Credit

2 Likes

Maintenance being performed on a PBY-5 Catalina in the Aleutian Islands, July 1943.

Photo Credit

2 Likes

Hotpot (2)

3 Likes