China Eastern 737 Crashes in Guangxi Province

Today it was reported that an China Eastern 737-800, registered as B-1791, running MU5735, crashed in Guangxi today. The information we have is currently limited, however what we do know is that the aircraft was last seen in a dive and had 133 passengers.

Source: https://twitter.com/flightradar24/status/1505849299967565827?s=20&t=_Aprpl4ZBhvtkeGooW-GdA

8 Likes

Seems to have been debatable, multiple sources I have read all listed 133 in the first 1-3 hours of publication, then it became 132 for some reason afterwards

2 Likes

It also seems to have been reported missing after it was scheduled to arrive in Guangzhou 50 minutes beforehand.

Raises more questions

1, How did nobody notice a plane leaving the radar, and not re-appearing
2, Why did they wait until 50 mins the time the plane was scheduled to ARRIVE in Guangzhou
3, What did they assume happened if they waited for nearly 1.5 hours without being on radar

4 Likes

The plane also dropped off ADS-B at 6:22UTC/14:22 UTC+8 and was at -31k FPM

2 Likes

To be completely honest, not many things happen to make the plane go into a extreme nosedive into the ground

2 Likes

I think it’s one of three things:

• Terrorism
  • Pilot suicide (like the Eurowings flight that crashed into a mountain)
  • Ground error causing a stall for some reason
2 Likes

Possible, but slim chance with China’s tight grip on the population. Only people I think have a motivation is maybe Uyghurs

Tbh I think it might be possible

It dived at -31k FPM, and was at 457 GS from the last ping before it started to dive, quite unlikely, and at cruise as well

6 Likes

bruh.

2 Likes

It probably caught suicide

2 Likes

if so, do it with yourself, not with another 132

2 Likes

I actually wonder how tf would a suicide be possible, since in countries that take safety seriously, you have to have 2 crew members on the flight deck at any given time…

3 Likes

All 3 main Chinese airlines are state-owned

2 Likes

PSA, don’t use suicide when talking here :joy:, blank it out

2 Likes

and?

sewercide

2 Likes

So it should be serious

1 Like

Exactly

2 Likes

Which is why it’s unlikely it’s a crew member

1 Like

Then what could it be?

1 Like

It might be a engine failure or a crew error?

1 Like