Cars vs. Public Transit

I’ve never seen space as an issue for biking. And as far as being uncomfortable, that just means you don’t bike enough. Or you could just stand up and pedal.

1 Like

no the seats just suck lol. walking better

at that point just walk

Um… no. The seats are fine. I’ve been fine doing 50mi rides on my XC race bike and the seat on that has no padding to save weight. Surely you’re fine on a normal bike.

It’s less efficient. A step walking will move you about 3’. A pedal stroke on a bike (depending on the gear ratio) could move you 10x that far on flat. Even farther if you can coast down.

1 Like

Just have better balls

1 Like

mine are 2 large for the bike, they hella voluptuous. cant help it, gotta protect my assets

wrong

better for the mind and soul

as if you have a mind and a soul

I have a very clear mind and soul and everything I do has a purpose. even the cart stuff here. I be using this place to vent pretty much thats it, whenever im super stressed I jus hop op on and start spamming, seeing you mfs panic over some messages on the internet funny af. help me get a few laughs

1 Like

couldn’t be bermuda busses. we just better

it gives me a sense of superiority when i am comfortably sitting in a train, flying by an expressway and looking at peasants in their cars stuck in traffic lmao

also when im sitting/standing in a bus, not worrying about traffic that much and looking at peasants in their cars worrying about traffic, parking and fuel

and when my bus driver is aggressive and gets right of way from peasants in their ugly metal shitboxes lmao

we get it your country doesn’t know how to properly implement public transit

2 Likes

buses have right of way on basically the entire road, but people in cars dont respect it so the drivers need to get aggressive (like banging into cars, cursing at drivers etc)

that doesn’t change the fact that your public transit system still isn’t functional. you can boast about rolling stock and fleets as much as you want, but what really matters is range, speed and frequency. if there’s still enough cars on the road to cause traffic jams on a stretch with transit priority, clearly something is wrong.

2 Likes

well yes, but no
buses and trains are clogged during peak hours, just like the roads
my city is not widening roads any more due to which bus and train ridership has increased by quite a lot
people still drive because it is sort of a sense of pride in people who own cars

well
range? idk what you mean by that
speed : buses and trains are faster than cars here
i once raced with some of my friends
distance was somewhere around 12km (the average commute of a person in the area where i live)
i took the train, one guy took the bus and the other drove in his M4
i reached first (20 minutes or smth, slow train stopping at every station), the bus took 30 minutes (regular service, stopping at every stop) and the car took 1 hr

this applies to almost every part of the city

about frequency
metro is 1 train every 10 minutes and 1 train every 5 minutes for peak hours
locals/suburban is 1 slow train every 3 minutes and 1 fast train every 5 minutes at all hours of the day
buses on most routes run every 5 minutes and theres interstate and intercity buses almost every hour

thats the standard all over the country

well
its the mindset of the people who own and drive cars
they think they are somehow superior and rich, even if they own a silly fifth hand wagonr which was once a taxi
on top of that, only around 17% of the population has cars
so the rest automatically uses transit

PS : Thanks for not being aggressive lol

Busses would be a pain here lmao.

1 Like

the only major city in india with a failed public transit network is bangalore
its completely car dependent

it has priority corridors for buses (literally the only form of transit there) but no one gives a shit and dont let buses pass, even after getting fined/jailed/abused/banged on

the traffic there is scary and is basically what will happen to a city once it completely becomes dependent on cars

they are working on some metro lines there with 2 in operation, but the quality is highly doubted as metro pillars randomly fell down, killing some people

and they are working on a suburban rail system which will take atleast 4 years to fully open

(dedicated transit corridor on the left, near the place where i used to live)

imagine living in that hell

also it has the worst air quality in the region

1 Like