Cars vs. Public Transit

Toutist town isn’t the same as a mountain town. And most of them offer lift serviced MTB downhill riding.

1 Like

toutist. Doesn’t matter bermuda still better

What you mean ‘snow’? That’s a bare ass paved road.

Also, I should add that I’ve never seen a bus canceled from snow, but your beloved bus still has no chance of plowing through what you can in a Subaru.

SNOW

then what did that meme mean?

and your subaru cant plow more snow than a train

It meant that a 2wd, heavy bus isn’t going to go uphill through 2’ of snow the way a well built, light weight car will. Even with chains, a bus is just too heavy for deep snow.

And sure, a train will plow through snow, as long as it’s flat ground or downhill. Trains can’t even really go up a grade in dry weather (unless it’s a cog line, but those are usually one or two cars, so not really a train).

fair enough

5km long freight trains?
They aren’t going anywhere uphill with 3-4 4500hp locomotives

Meanwhile passenger train with 4500hp-9000hp locomotives pulling anywhere between 6 to 24 coaches or trainsets can easily climb steep gradients

Trains on the Bhor Ghat, which has a really steep 1:37 gradient

Or even the Nilgiri Mountain Railway in Tamil Nadu or Bernina Railway in Switzerland

car carrier trains

That’s great… except now there’s a bunch of buses in front of me going just as slow if not slower than the cars.

Yes, and also a bunch of trains doing 110kmph right parallel to you, less traffic which means faster buses, and less assholes for you as a driver to deal with

Exactly. The buses are now clogging up the road instead.

Which is about 30-40kmh less than I do in my car.

How?
Instead of 60 cars, there will be few buses (considering each bus seats 40 people and 20 can stand) maybe every 10-15 minutes. The road won’t clog up unless they are running all the buses of the route together.

And they don’t need to stop at traffic intersections, don’t get stuck in traffic are more efficient, less stressful, cheap, only stop at stations and that too for 3 minutes max (at least in India) and have a higher average speed than any random car.

In your opinion

Yes because my country and city have good public transit systems with trains and buses running at a good frequency.

@ThatOne9WPlen

If buses are so good and go everywhere a human being could possibly want to go (according to you), then why doesn’t the indian army sell their Suzukis or whatever it is you guys use, and just take a bus route (an actual bus route, not just buying a bus for themselves) to wherever the war is.

Because buses don’t offer the protection that the bullet resistant Gypsies offer?
They aren’t small and are very visible.

They don’t make sense for military ops while for civilian commuting, they make sense.

But I thought buses were supposed to be the greatest thing ever made?

Who said that?

As far as I can work out, you.