Artemis I Launch Thread

That’s God saying “screw this crap, use a Saturn V”

Hey, at least I’ll be out of school at the scheduled launch time

1 Like

The next two launch times will also be more favorable for me as well, since they’re not at 5 in the morning

3 Likes

God saying screw this crap doesn’t seem that far fetched since lightning was thrown at the thing across its various times at the launch pad, and even a tornado funnel the other day if I’m not mistaken

2 Likes

Under 24 hours until their next attempt…

2 Likes

and a hydrogen leak in the tail service mast had made them call it off

2 Likes

Excited to see the next failure!

1 Like

Next launch attempt window begins September 19…now over two weeks out from launch at a minimum

2 Likes

There’s now a hurricane setting its sights on KSC. Rollback very possible if the hurricane’s forecast holds true

1 Like

SLS heading back to the VAB, no plans to launch in September, and it is highly unlikely that it can get back to the pad by the end of launch period 26, which closes on October 4th, concluding with a mere 2 minute launch window in the early evening of that day. Launch period 27 is after that, and will open up on October 17th, going till the end of the month and closing on October 31st.

2 Likes

I don’t see them trying again until November, but even though the rollbacks aren’t healthy for the vehicle, it’ll be healthier than going through a hurricane

1 Like

Me who wants it at the end of the October launch window, cause I’ll be in Daytona Beach then.

3 Likes

Well then perhaps the force or whatever higher power you believe in will be on your side

1 Like

Alright, it’ll launch at the end of October

SLS vs Nicole upcoming

2 Likes

With Nicole passed and further inspections complete, the countdown is on towards launch yet again. Currently, SLS is set up for a launch window opening on Wednesday, November 16th, at 01:04 ET, meaning an early morning night launch is most probable.

1 Like

They’re chilling the liquid oxygen lines now

2 Likes

Now the core stage is full, and is now in replenish

2 Likes

The “red crew” is being sent to the pad to tighten some bolts involved the core stage replenishing system

2 Likes

Less than 3 hours to go until launch, and SLS is illuminated this evening with the moon in the distance. Core Stage is still maintaining top-off levels, and weather is still a ‘go’ for launch.

(NASA)

2 Likes